Forums

Help › Forums

Serious Flaw in Programming

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 21 2021 3:31 PM (9 replies)
  • EZCupps
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 1:09 PM

Playing the Tie Dye Showdown, three under through 15, I went to play the last three holes.  It spun its wheels while trying to pair me with an opponent, then shut itself down.  I did not abort or cancel.  It counted it as my forfeit!  Now I won’t make the cut.  I have demanded reinstatement.  

• DanimalSports65
    800 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 7:11 AM

That IS decent of them.

I had the same thing happen, but didn't know which thread of the hundreds here to reach out on. Instead I posted on the general board and now have a user telling me what I did wrong.

Thanks for updating. I feel a bit smarter for a Monday. LOL

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 7:21 AM

EZCupps:

Playing the Tie Dye Showdown, three under through 15, I went to play the last three holes.  It spun its wheels while trying to pair me with an opponent, then shut itself down.  I did not abort or cancel.  It counted it as my forfeit!  Now I won’t make the cut.  I have demanded reinstatement.  

So what happened is some type of communication error between you and the WGT server.

Most likely it's on your end. or somewhere in between.

Here is the question.

How is WGT to know that you didn't quit (voluntary) vs your connection getting dropped. (involuntary).

They matched you. You just never saw it.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 11:15 AM

Mythanatos:
    How is WGT to know that you didn't quit (voluntary) vs your connection getting dropped. (involuntary).

Network logs and simple scripts.  But in their minds they probably have better things to do.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 2:51 PM

pdb1:

Mythanatos:

Dude . Please stop . These are all well known glitches in the programming . None of the players are to blame .

You have no clue what transpired anyway .

Please just chill .

oh there are definitely glitches in programming. i got bogey bugged in one of the first showdowns and then the next one when i figured out a work around I shared it with everyone including these forums and do so every month. month after month. 

all those other bugs. avoidable. the spinning one is too. fairly certain we talked about it in public forum before as well. 

yes they are work arounds and we shouldn't have to but they exist. how many showdowns are there now? has to be over a year and i always seem to avoid getting the bogeys.

luck? or i know how to avoid them? 

• DanimalSports65
    800 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 3:31 PM

Thanks!

RSS