Forums

Help › Forums

Can t change game language

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 18 2021 8:00 AM (6 replies)
  • Phlos
    48 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2021 12:12 AM

Hi I installed WGT in french language, but I prefere English.
    Everytimes I change the language in setting I choose ''English'' then click ''APPLY" and then "Save and close" my game is English but when I close and restart WGT launcher my game go back in french.
    So is there something like like a *.cfg or *.ini file that i can edit and save manualy ?

I already tryed to launch the launcher with Administrator right go to the game change the languages save but it still won t work.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2021 8:24 AM

Phlos:

Hi I installed WGT in french language, but I prefere English.
    Everytimes I change the language in setting I choose ''English'' then click ''APPLY" and then "Save and close" my game is English but when I close and restart WGT launcher my game go back in french.
    So is there something like like a *.cfg or *.ini file that i can edit and save manualy ?

I already tryed to launch the launcher with Administrator right go to the game change the languages save but it still won t work.

Go to the bottom of this page and try clicking the EN, if that doesn't work, there is a manual edit.  Are you trying to do this on a pc or phone?

• Phlos
    48 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2021 8:31 AM

I tryed the EN button of the bottom of this page but when i launch the game it s still in french. Im playing from, PC win10

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2021 12:07 PM

Phlos:

I tryed the EN button of the bottom of this page but when i launch the game it s still in french. Im playing from, PC win10

wgt.com home page - World Golf Tour Look at the 3rd post in from Scott.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2021 12:09 PM

Phylos, you could try deleting and reinstalling the game, and then when you reinstall, select ENGLISH as the language.  According to this thread, that worked for another player.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/660581/4434460.aspx#4434460

• Phlos
    48 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 12:39 AM

I tryed to uninstall and reinstall but during instalation I can t choose any languages.. and the game still launch in french languages everytimes.
    about Garry thing i m not sure where they add a link to a shortucut.
    It s ok I will stay like that, I change my language everytimes I launch WGT and voilà...
    Thank for your help

• ScottHope
    10,091 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 8:00 AM

During loading, in the bottom lefthand corner of the game window, it states 'Processing device information'. I think it's at this point that any language you have set, gets changed to the language that your computer is set to.

So I would guess that if you want the game to open in another language, you would have to set your computer to that language. Or create another user account on your computer, set that account to the language you want to play in, and switch to that account when you want to play.

What a fuss that is!

RSS