Forums

Help › Forums

UMMM' CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TRICKERY?

Wed, Jun 16 2021 9:43 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 12:16 AM

It stil doesn’t explain how he has a scoring average with no score history. It looks suspicious to say the least. Hi 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 2:16 AM

borntobesting:
    It stil doesn’t explain how he has a scoring average with no score history. It looks suspicious to say the least. Hi 

Private tournaments don't show in score history, I noticed that with the one set up for someone prior to last years VUSO shoot out.  They may count toward average.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 11:23 AM

JDGHOST:
    The whole thing "stinks like rotten fish" ya ask me

borntobesting:
    It stil doesn’t explain how he has a scoring average with no score history. It looks suspicious to say the least.

Seriously??

Go to the tournament link posted above.  It says at the end:  "For more information about Tee to Gala (including our auction and livestream celebration), please visit https://bidpal.net/teetogala"

Go there and poke around a little bit before you start running your mouths.  It's a CHARITY event.  "Spots in the virtual tournament can be purchased as a part of a sponsorship package or as a part of an individual bundle."

https://one.bidpal.net/teetogala/custom/custom8

It's a good cause.  You should be supporting stuff like this, not saying it "stinks like rotten fish".  Jesus.

• BOZskills
    388 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 1:17 PM

Sam, i think what people are having an issue with is a player with an 80avg shooting 59 with starters,and winning 11 grand. I don't think the issue is with the tourny or the charity.                     On the score history issue,i think the score history would only show rr's for 2021. So it's possible to have an avg without a score history. Imho.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 2:15 PM

SamSpayed:
    It's a good cause.  You should be supporting stuff like this, not saying it "stinks like rotten fish".  Jesus.

I agree it's a GOOD Cause !! SO another words the person that "Amazingly" shot the lowest score in essence made a large donation and was rewarded with a $7,000 Trip/Vacation package ?? Um OK...

But that does not explain the 59 posted by a  Relatively  "New" to the game Pro tier player that has no history at and all starter gear does it? Must be a WGT savant I guess 😒

THATS what I was referring too with the "Rotten Fish" comment 

But it's All good  .. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 5:00 PM

JDGHOST:
    That does not explain the 59 posted by a "Pro" player that has no history at and all starter gear does it? 

This is not meant as an argumentative reply just clarification of some points.

WGT can restrict or hide what they want to hide - a players scoring history often disappears if they haven't played any ranked rounds for 3  months or so for example, hidden tournaments are just that hidden from public view unless you find a link to it...

The individual has played and won similar event in the past, so they are not completely oblivious of how the game plays...

The tournament appears to have been unlimited entry - it also appears to have used SOTW clubs - or higher end equipment is my guess.

Give a reasonable player high end clubs off forward (pro) tees and they are likely driving and wedging the ball close if not driving some greens... you give people unlimited attempts they will shoot scores that seem implausible at first glance.

Remember, If you look at a players score in the etour SOTW tournaments and notice a player has starter gear in their bag - should we assume they played the etour with starter gear?  Think it through...

It was fairly obvious what was going on without anything fishy looking -- provided you try to research or look into it.

As noted, if you delve into it, all the details are there to make sense of what was going on.  If you want to play next time, just pony up the charitable donation and see about playing yourself.  Although they may not want Tour Champs competing against the pros as it might discourage donations knowing there is no way they could compete against top players-- and the purpose was to raise money.  

Geez- for all we know - WGT even sold mulligans similar to what is done in Charity Golf outings with your friends to raise extra money.  

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 9:43 PM

el3n1:
    The tournament appears to have been unlimited entry - it also appears to have used SOTW clubs - or higher end equipment is my guess.

Well I will admit when I'm wrong and eat a bit of crow as I did totally miss the SOTW badge !! That makes a pretty huge difference as would the unlimited play option (must have been the case although I don't see that listed) and the fact that this was a "Invitation only" event open to lower tier players... maybe a "Friends of the Family" type deal... Since the winner appears to be an inactive player at best ...Similar to when the Celeb's played a while back like "Justin Rose" and some other actual Tour Pro's (Grame McDowell also I think) In that case I hope they raised lots of money...

JD

• PAGES
RSS