Forums

Help › Forums

TO CATCH A CHEAT

Mon, Jan 24 2022 4:06 PM (116 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 12:34 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    Can COINS be transferred or played for in tournaments, or just credits?

Only credits can be played for in CC tournaments, not coins.  The way you do this is the "Add to Purse" option when setting up the CC tournament.

HamdenPro:
    To my knowledge, only coins can be transferred for credits.

Coins cannot be transferred for credits.

HamdenPro:
    Coins can be transferred via match play.

Coins cannot be transferred via Match Play.  You can play a CHALLENGE Match Play for credits (not coins).  The only way you can "transfer" coins between players is if the players happen to get matched up (at random) in one of the coin rooms.

Hope this clarifies.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 12:46 PM

SamSpayed:
    HamdenPro:
    To my knowledge, only coins can be transferred for credits.

That was my mistype, which I will go back and correct. I meant to say coins could not be transferred but credits can. (by the means I described)

SamSpayed:
    You can play a CHALLENGE Match Play for credits (not coins).  The only way you can "transfer" coins between players is if the players happen to get matched up (at random) in one of the coin rooms

I believe you can challenge a particular player, if a friend, to a match for credits.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 1:46 PM

SamSpayed:

DodgyPutter:
    Until wgt take the cheats out before awarding the prizes what is the point in reporting them?

The point in reporting them is to get the cheats out of the game and keep them from gaining any benefit from cheating.

If they take the cheats out of the game why do they then need to keep them from gaining any benefit?

SamSpayed:

Like Nico said, WGT tries to identify cheaters and remove them.  Our reporting suspected cheaters helps them with that.

WGTNico:
    As many cheaters as we do catch on our end, there are some that slip through and that's where player reporting helps a lot in combatting these. 

You're interpretation, and that's what it is, of the quote from Nico seems wrong to me.  Where does he say they remove cheaters, if he thinks it I reckon you're both wrong?

The stuff that's being discussed here, people setting up multi accounts to win a few coins, seems just stupid to me.  By the time you do all you need to do you'd spend more than any possible gain. 

But lets go with it, you're simply wrong that if we report these people wgt will ban them.   

If we report them, and wgt can confirm they have multiple accounts, they will ban the secondary and any further accounts.  They will not ban the person and they will not suspend the initial account. That  to me means they don't ban the cheaters.  If they set up another account before the next showdown and that is noticed that account will be suspended the person will still not be banned.  Then we can have another thread that goes all vigilante; names players who score -3, generalised lists of what cheat signs are etc etc.

Ignoring all that it's still wrong that wgt keep the prizes.

Looking at accounts like this, in an open forum, seems wrong to me too.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 1:54 PM

DodgyPutter:
    seems just stupid to me

Now, that will cost a sleeve!!!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 2:27 PM

HamdenPro:
    Now, that will cost a sleeve!!!

HamdenPro:
    DodgyPutter:
    seems just stupid to me

:-)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 2:34 PM

I believe, I don't really know about this stuff, that transferring coins back and forth happens in the expensive coin rooms.  I'm sure it's been in the forum but can't be bothered to look.

Even now on a Sat night/evening or whatever there are only 6 in Manhattan and 8 in Tokyo so it wouldn't be too hard to find some of them empty or close to it. Probably, again, not the folk being discussed here.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 2:38 PM

DodgyPutter:
    transferring coins back and forth happens in the expensive coin rooms

Just to clarify something I misspoke about, and Sam corrected, you cannot transfer coins. There are ways to transfer credits, however.

I do agree that its silly to keep going on about cheaters. There are so many threads about this same subject, almost from the beginning, cheating has always been a hot topic. It seems there will always be cheaters. The best we can do is report it if we see it and are sure that it is a cheat.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 3:15 PM

HamdenPro:

DodgyPutter:
    transferring coins back and forth happens in the expensive coin rooms

Just to clarify something I misspoke about, and Sam corrected, you cannot transfer coins. There are ways to transfer credits, however.

lol, you can and people have.  They can even gain coins in the process by wearing the right apparel.  I'll let Mythanatos try to explain this one

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 3:17 PM

DodgyPutter:
    But lets go with it, you're simply wrong that if we report these people wgt will ban them. 

That's not what I said.  What I said was:

SamSpayed:

WGT tries to identify cheaters and remove them.  Our reporting suspected cheaters helps them with that.

Obviously, it is WGT's choice what to do with our reports.

pdb1:

DodgyPutter:
    If we report them, and wgt can confirm they have multiple accounts, they will ban the secondary and any further accounts. 

DodgyPutter:
    If they set up another account before the next showdown and that is noticed that account will be suspended the person will still not be banned. 

DodgyPutter:
    They will not ban the person and they will not suspend the initial account.

I don't think that is correct .

I don't think it's correct either.  Perhaps DodgyPutter can enlighten us as to how he knows this is true.

RSS