Forums

Help › Forums

TO CATCH A CHEAT

Tue, Jan 11 2022 2:25 PM (167 replies)
  • DuFussMcGoo
    2,597 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 4:23 PM

tramilleo:
    But you won the coins, why care if they quit??? the purpose is to win you won quit complaining about winning sheesh

In your FRIENDS list when you sign in, is a "win/lost/tie" record for the month. It works like every other Topgolf improvement...not too good.

If your opponent quits, your WIN does not register. I emailed them to see if a fix could be made. Nope, they said. "Hey, you got your coins and your apparel, that's good enough."

ie A "TIE"? Really? Has anyone ever TIED a match?

• el3n1
    4,113 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 5:17 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

Yes, but it was a long time ago.   

But WGT decided that despite having stats from the 1, 3 or 9 holes played that show the proximity to pin on approach shots made, which could be used to determine the same thing as wasting 1 more shot and reducing the entire match to 1 shot rather than stats for 1, 3 or 9 holes extracts a lot more ball hits in the long run and removes a bit of the skill factor and induces more luck at times given you can't control variance.

• SimonTheBeetle
    2,527 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 11:56 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    Has anyone ever TIED a match?

I have. The funny thing is you and your opponent both earn no coins and only a bronze apparel pack is given after a tie breaker. In common sense, shouldn't both players get the winner's prize? :-/

• Mythanatos
    2,020 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2021 6:51 AM

DuFussMcGoo:

A couple of times i was in Tiebreaks where we both knocked the tiebreak in the cup. Those are recorded as ties.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,597 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2021 11:50 AM

Mythanatos:

A couple of times i was in Tiebreaks where we both knocked the tiebreak in the cup. Those are recorded as ties.

Hi Mythanatos! I've seen your awards list. I had never thought of both scoring HIO on the tie breaker. In your world, it happens! To bad we don't have Flash anymore, I'd love to see THAT!

• Robbo81303
    348 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2021 4:01 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    The funny thing is you and your opponent both earn no coins and only a bronze apparel pack is given after a tie breaker. In common sense, shouldn't both players get the winner's prize?

I've had this happen and you are correct.  Just like real life these days, this is indicative of what happens when the chronically amoral are in charge of things.

• golferguy2018
    350 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2021 5:24 AM

A 45 second clock is enough time to chat (more than enough by the way ) When the other playing is playing type your rely to them , After they hit send the chat. Not to hard to figure it out ,. Also takes about 5 seconds to say ty or n hit.

• DodgyPutter
    4,047 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2021 2:39 PM

Robbo81303:
    Just like real life these days, this is indicative of what happens when the chronically amoral are in charge of things.

"I'd happily settle for a few less egregiously judgmental dimwits myself."

Unless you were talking about here (the UK), which I doubt.

• rjteeithi
    611 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2021 2:53 PM

craigswan:

I joined a coin game head to head against an american player .

One hole only .

I went first and hit my drive .

Before he hit he sent me a message .

Are you a nig ger .

I ignored that and kept on playing .

We eventually made the green .

Then another message came thru .

You nig ger's are everywhere .

I was actually a bit shocked .

I must have a great sun tan on my avator .

Those Damn Americans

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,597 Posts
    Tue, Jan 4 2022 10:48 AM

The latest Topgolf tournament has an interesting leader after 9 holes (of 18 needed).

Their name is UNDOTHATSHOTPLZ who is 7 under (for 9 holes) and a HACK.

I think that they are not only a CHEATER but have some software that helps them score great.

1st place is 400 credits, 100,000 coins, 1 Platinum 2 Gold and 3 Silver chests, 9 golf balls, and a night in Tom Brady's house with Gisele Bündchen while Tom's on the road during the playoffs.

(OK maybe I made up the last part)

RSS