Forums

Help › Forums

TO CATCH A CHEAT

Mon, Jan 24 2022 4:06 PM (116 replies)
  • CaverNolema
    10 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2021 6:25 PM

The when bothers me most of the time. I see too many quit while there's still a chance for them to win  

I'm still learning how to read greens, putting, and chipping. 

A few weeks ago in the Paris room I had an opponent hit tee shot into deep rough on 1st hole. 

They quit on the spot before they even saw me hit. There were 2 holes left after that one  

I want to finish holes to work on getting better in competition. 

I guess I'm using the wrong format for that. 

Just a personal preference 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2021 1:17 PM

CaverNolema:

I'm still learning how to read greens, putting, and chipping. 

I want to finish holes to work on getting better in competition. 

I guess I'm using the wrong format for that. 

Caver, as pdb1 stated, coin games are not always the best format for reaching those goals.  And he raises some very good points about your being in a dead CC.  It looks like your CC owner started the club back in Oct 2018 and quit playing 8 days later.  He has not been seen since.

If you'd like to join a more active CC, I'd suggest looking at the recruiting posts in Country Club Corner.  There are many active CCs there who I'm sure would welcome you.

Whatever you decide... best of luck to you and enjoy your game 😁

• AIMTOPLEZE
    557 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2021 2:11 AM

excuse me for asking..where are the settings so i can report cheating,

Aim

• Jerrodcaldwell53
    47 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2021 11:07 AM

I have found out that they take forever to load. There's a program they are using they generate credits and coins and have to buy the best putter they can. Also they all almost have 150 averages and no stats. ask them if they are using swing master or always ding program and see if there game all of a sudden goes like poop. they almost always put the second shot right next to the hole. it screws my day up when you get beat by cheaters when you always pay your real money not computer generated money. I right all there names down while playing. and just keep asking wich program they are using. they soon will quit and back out rather than quit the right way. So that waste your coin game 30 minutes,

CHEATERS SUCK!!!!!!

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,866 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2021 7:10 PM

BillyGore:
    both times he has quit on the first hole and the game tells me that I have forfeited and the game is over. T

If you're playing Head to Head, click on the little gear thing right next to EXIT. Then click on HELP CENTER, then CONTACT US and explain what happened. WGT will get back to you within a day and refund your coins. Try it even if it happened a few weeks ago (it can't hurt).

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2021 9:16 AM

I reported the player who is a two account holder , who as a pro playing less than a week , scored -12 !! But WGT haven’t responded , they don’t seem to care , maybe it’s because his alter ego benefactor has bought thousands of credits worth of equipment, balls and boosters , , both accounts have been reported . Shame the cheater has walked away with third place in the showdown 

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,866 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2021 10:51 AM

bossbird:
    o playing less than a week , scored -12 !! But WGT haven’t responded , they don’t seem to care

Give me the details and I'll report the cheat. I don't seem to have your problem with WGT action.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2021 12:36 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    Give me the details and I'll report the cheat. I don't seem to have your problem with WGT action.

What happens, do they get back to you or is the name no longer searchable?

I wouldn't say we are encouraged to report those we suspect of cheating by the way wgt handle it when we do.

My son and I sometimes play this silly game on the phone, he noted something suspicious and asked me to report it and I did.

I got this reply:

Mohd (SimCity BuildIt)

Oct 7, 2021, 14:52 GMT+3

Hey Mayor, thanks for contacting us.

I realize that the player you are reporting is suspected to be using cheats and selling large number of rare items continuously. 

Such players are ruining the fun in game for honest players. We are sure to investigate his city ####.
    I would like to thank you for reporting this to us and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

This is something that annoys us as well. Such players shouldn't be in the game and shall be banned. Don't worry, I will do my best to address the concern.

We have passed on the details you have submitted to the development team for investigation. The team will first check to see what's going on and then take any action where necessary once the cheat or inappropriate content has been confirmed.

It is extremely important to us that our players feel protected while playing, we want everyone to play fairly, and co-exist happily and peacefully within our game.

Appreciate your support and understanding. Thanks 

And then:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

A request 691322 has been created by our support team.

To add additional comments, reply to this email 

So I sent interpretive stuff about what I thought the aim of it all was, and got:

Mohd (SimCity BuildIt)

Oct 11, 2021, 17:38 GMT+3

Hello Mayor, thanks for writing back to us.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

We appreciate to share your words about the cheats in game and how they are selling large number of items in low cost.

What I am going to do is, I will take this as a feedback and make detailed case notes about this as it will be forwarded to the relevant channel so that it can reach the concerned team. We are constantly working on the improvement of our services and your feedback will definitely be a great help. 

Our team will surely look into this and will do the needful.

Appreciate your support. 

Many Thanks
    Simcity Buildit 
    I do realise EA are a massive company and have teams to deal with all sorts but they will also have more customers so more to deal with too.
    The point was there were replies and even encouragement in them that what you are doing is a good and helpful thing.  Here my impression is that cheat reports are a hassle.  To "the account started 3 days ago and he shot 58 on Pinehurst", "We need proof of cheating before we can take any action" would be the likely response.  And of course they're right a good score can never be absolute proof of cheating but the idea is they take it from there, as with the EA response.  We don't have access to the information that WGT has but they certainly could be more encouraging to us to point them in the right direction. 
    Yes there would be vendettas and sore losers with silly reports but wgt should be able to spot them.
    My only criticism of EA was this mouthful  it will be forwarded to the relevant channel so that it can reach the concerned team. ;-/
RSS