Forums

Help › Forums

TO CATCH A CHEAT

Tue, Nov 23 2021 1:49 AM (79 replies)
  • mrmp1
    351 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 10:33 AM

I was told long long ago that sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me But in the last 2 weeks playing 1 hole coin game in the Chelsea room that not once but twice players wanted to f--k my mother and my sister. these players do not belong here I wrote the wgt names down but i only can find 1 of them when we had flash we were able to right click and report an in game problem, does that still exist ? without something like that reporting the person is a he said she said thing  

Mel

• sexysuzie
    3,544 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 11:15 AM

the 45 second timer excuse is a cop out   you can converse when its your opponents shot....

• SamSpayed
    3,514 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 11:53 AM

spnorton:
    But what I WISH WTG would implement, is some method of alerting the opponent that your chat is turned off. That way, they won’t get angry because you’re not responding. That would go a long way to making the game a friendlier place. How about it, WGT?

I second this.

I play all my coin games with chat turned off, for the same reasons others have mentioned.

• Mythanatos
    1,994 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 1:36 PM

sexysuzie:

the 45 second timer excuse is a cop out   you can converse when its your opponents shot....

they could but why should they have to?

Maybe they aren't chatty. 

Maybe like myself they are sitting in a cigar bar and chatting with the people around them while they play.

Maybe they are dealing with spouse and kids chat or activities or issues.

myself i'll often give a greeting if they give one first. but after that I'm silent unless it's someone i play alot and know a bit more.

to get mad because someone won't answer you is rather narcissistic.

if it helps... i rarely even look at the name of the person I'm playing. I've been known to look at it at the end of the game and realize it's a friend.

nothing wrong with not being chatty.

• rjteeithi
    597 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2021 12:59 PM

KenBTEXAS:

I am here because I like golf, I like the game, and It is fun. I also love the camaraderie, and the many friends I have made around the world.

A cheater only cheats themselves of that oportunity. (recon they have fun cheating? )

Have played a few coin room games, and like everywhere else there some nice folks, as well as a few I don't care to mention.

I don't understand those that won't or don't chat, as well as those who forfeit when down.

Don't care to even try to understand, as I really don't care to know them. 

Simple answer here, When playing single hole coin matches, and you have your sponsor working, the goal is to play as many games as you can in time allowed. and when you lose you get very small apparel points, so when you know your going to lose, you will give the game up and get to the next one asap. As far as chat goes? no real time for that either. gotta go

• ChrisDeGarmo
    22 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2021 2:24 PM

SamSpayed:

spnorton:
    But what I WISH WTG would implement, is some method of alerting the opponent that your chat is turned off. That way, they won’t get angry because you’re not responding. That would go a long way to making the game a friendlier place. How about it, WGT?

I second this.

I play all my coin games with chat turned off, for the same reasons others have mentioned.

Wait, how do you know they are angry or saying bad things to you if your chat is off? I've never turned it off, can you still see what they're saying if it's off? Then it isn't really off... man, I'm confused here

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2021 2:52 PM

spnorton:

Come on now . The developers have got way too much on their plate already . Trying to duplicate or match or come close to the features we had in Flash . Which unfortunately will never happen .So we don't need to suggest new features that no one needs .

I play many coin games per day . There are some that either have their chat off , or they just don't want to chat .

I don't care which . I don't need to know . I will fill the chat page up anyway . If they end up responding . Fine . If not . Have a wonderful day .

• PureGro1
    620 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2021 3:11 PM

mrmp1:
    I was told long long ago that sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me But in the last 2 weeks playing 1 hole coin game in the Chelsea room that not once but twice players wanted to f--k my mother and my sister.

SamSpayed:

If its due to people just being nasty humans, Why not just use the block player feature to block their chat and future games?

It seems to me that you would miss talking to a lot of nice individuals by keeping chat turned off.

sexysuzie:

rjteeithi:
    Simple answer here, When playing single hole coin matches, and you have your sponsor working, the goal is to play as many games as you can in time allowed. and when you lose you get very small apparel points, so when you know your going to lose, you will give the game up and get to the next one asap. As far as chat goes? no real time for that either. gotta go

Mythanatos:
    nothing wrong with not being chatty.

^^^THIS^^^

Sometimes people cant chat and play- period. This thread has shown many keep their chat turned off. I dont quite understand why this would bother anyone.

• SamSpayed
    3,514 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2021 10:47 PM

ChrisDeGarmo:
    Wait, how do you know they are angry or saying bad things to you if your chat is off?

You don't.  That's one of the advantages of turning chat off.  You never see the negativity.

PureGro1:
    It seems to me that you would miss talking to a lot of nice individuals by keeping chat turned off.

True, but you can always talk to them after the game when you have more time.  As an example, I played a great game with a guy the other night.  I posted a nice note to his wall after our game.  He posted a nice reply to mine.  Now we're friends.

• ChrisDeGarmo
    22 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2021 6:45 AM

SamSpayed:

ChrisDeGarmo:
    Wait, how do you know they are angry or saying bad things to you if your chat is off?

You don't.  That's one of the advantages of turning chat off.  You never see the negativity.

My question wasn't answered completely, maybe I didn't ask clearly.

Some have said they want a feature where your opponent can see that your chat is off - so as to save them from getting angry that you're not chatting.

This seems oxymoronic. Your chat is off. Why is this feature needed?

RSS