Forums

Help › Forums

TO CATCH A CHEAT

Tue, Nov 23 2021 1:49 AM (79 replies)
  • DuFussMcGoo
    2,568 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 8:35 PM

KenBTEXAS:
    I don't understand those that won't or don't chat, as well as those who forfeit when down.

Sometimes, they are "in a mood"!

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 10:16 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

Moderation keeps me from posting the good ones .

• AlaskanDame
    14,481 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 11:03 PM

I am a club owner of long standing, very friendly and communicative by nature and intent.  I used to have the chat feature on no matter who I played with, but was given so many rude remarks (some anti-women, some anti-Tour Champs, some intended to be romantically enticing, to put them euphemistically) that I’ve turned chat off and just play the golf now, except when playing members of my own club.

I know I miss a few nice people and interactions this way, but the harassment wasn’t worth the occasional gems.  I wish I could say the nice ones were worth the occasional harassment, but that’s not the proportion I was getting.

• KenBTEXAS
    202 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 2:52 AM

BillHawk55:

Hi Ken

Its not that some of us do not want to talk its  just that with a 45 second clock timer I'm  busy trying to organise my shot and I'm really sorry if that causes offense to anyone. Maybe a 60 second shot timer on the showdowns  would open the doors to more chatting

Oh I certantly understand, and I possibly could have said that better. I don't hold it against anyone for not being a chatty cathy. However I think a hello have a nice game is approperate, and there is ample time for that on the first tee. As I said there are many good/nice folks, the ones that can't even be bothered to say a simple hello are the ones I don't understand. Possibly a sign of our times.

I grew up in the city and as a young teenager had an oportunity to spend some time at my grandfathers farm. On one of our first trips to the feed store we passed some folks walking on the side of the road.  They waved at us and my grandfather waved back and said hey (as much as one can say hey at 55 mph). I asked who was that and his reply was "I don't know, just some folks being freindly". At the time I was shocked as I had never heard of waving at strangers. You never know what kind of day someone is having and something as simple as a wave can have an impact. 

sportsmanship: conduct (such as fairness, respect for one's opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing) becoming to one participating in a sport.

• KenBTEXAS
    202 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 3:01 AM

DuFussMcGoo:

KenBTEXAS:
    I don't understand those that won't or don't chat, as well as those who forfeit when down.

LOl

I am sorry butt that is funny :)

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 5:03 AM

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 5:29 AM

AlaskanDame:

I am a club owner of long standing, very friendly and communicative by nature and intent.  I used to have the chat feature on no matter who I played with, but was given so many rude remarks (some anti-women, some anti-Tour Champs, some intended to be romantically enticing, to put them euphemistically) that I’ve turned chat off and just play the golf now, except when playing members of my own club.

I know I miss a few nice people and interactions this way, but the harassment wasn’t worth the occasional gems.  I wish I could say the nice ones were worth the occasional harassment, but that’s not the proportion I was getting.

I am very sorry to hear that AD . There is no place for disrespect or bad sportsmanship anywhere . Especially here at WGT . Towards women , men , tiers or status .

I want to apologize on behalf of all the fine friendly respectful players that are a majority here .

In no way is it funny or acceptable . I'm sure you moved on just fine . As you have much to be proud of .

The fact that one has to turn off their chat as a result of this bad behavior . Is very sad .

NEW PICS UPLOAD Skull117

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,568 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 10:16 AM

pdb1:
    The fact that one has to turn off their chat as a result of this bad behavior . Is very sad .

I saved this one too. Yes, I'm a TC, but Topgolf "is not" WGT. I'm learning.

This is a racial slur, and was reported to Topgolf. The players THINK that if they delete the slur quickly, they can get away with it.

I've got my SNIPPING TOOL right on my screen and I can "snip" faster than they can delete.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 12:42 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

I've got my SNIPPING TOOL right on my screen and I can "snip" faster than they can delete.

That's what I do too . Except I haven't had one I had to report .

• spnorton
    17 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 9:11 AM

I often play with the chat feature turned off. Sick of the asses who swear, etc. for no apparent reason. While I feel badly that I can’t chat with friendly folks now and then, it’s easier to just focus on the game. But what I WISH WTG would implement, is some method of alerting the opponent that your chat is turned off. That way, they won’t get angry because you’re not responding. That would go a long way to making the game a friendlier place. How about it, WGT?

RSS