Sat, Jan 22 2022 6:43 PM

Cicero733:
    I’m too removed from it now, and somebody out there probably knows better

100% agree

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 6:50 PM

DodgyPutter:
    You said "identify cheaters and remove them", I still don't think they do.  I think there was a case of this during this thread and I thought what happened generally was common knowledge.  Seems not, if I'm wrong, and wgt do ban all the accounts of these multi's,  I appologise again to Paul.  Doesn't seem at all ironic you quoting him at me by the way.

First of all, there's no irony at all in my quoting Paul, if he makes the same point that I would.

Second, you seem (once again) to be missing the point.  The point is, neither you, I, or anyone else knows what WGT does when they receive a report of someone cheating.  I suspect it varies from case to case.  All we can do is report it when we see something that we suspect is cheating.  Our responsibility ends there.  It's up to WGT to take it from there and act as they see fit.

I, for one, am glad that people like HamdenPro and DuFussMcGoo are reporting suspected cheaters to WGT.  If it were left up to people like you and PureGro1, the cheaters would never be reported and their cheating would continue.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 6:57 PM

SamSpayed:
    anyone else knows what WGT does when they receive a report of someone cheating.

Once again, only mostly right.

When I report someone, I check the following few days under the community player search. I have confirmed that the last two I reported no longer show up.  I also know that both had other accounts (what I call the primary). It was obvious the two were one person. In both cases, only the second account was removed.

Having said that, there are other times where the player is not removed. I can only assume that WGT could not confirm the accounts were multiple or some other action was taken other than suspension/banning.

Anyway, I do appreciate your support.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 2:42 AM

SamSpayed:

Second, you seem (once again) to be missing the point.  The point is, neither you, I, or anyone else knows what WGT does when they receive a report of someone cheating.  I suspect it varies from case to case.  All we can do is report it when we see something that we suspect is cheating.  Our responsibility ends there.  It's up to WGT to take it from there and act as they see fit.

I, for one, am glad that people like HamdenPro and DuFussMcGoo are reporting suspected cheaters to WGT.  If it were left up to people like you and PureGro1, the cheaters would never be reported and their cheating would continue.

I do know what has happened in specific cases, and not an insignificant number.  In all of these that have involved multi accounting like this the original account was left.

Maybe to you if you see someone multi accounting and you report them your responsibility would end there. It's more complicated to me, I'd have to look to see if I could tell exactly what they were doing and why. Probably I'm just nosey. As an example there have been many that have simply got to a level (and therefore tee) they simply can't cope with so have started again.  They don't play for credits anywhere or do any harm to others, they don't really use the forum, CC (wgt put them in a dead one) so no red tee.   I wouldn't report them.

The easiest rule breach to see here is the posting of profiles of those suspected of being multi's. I wont report it. 

That two accounts are connected seems close to (but it can't be absolutely) certain, the third he names much less so.  He sounds like he may know more but I can only go on what I see.  What I also see is that if the original player is banned wgt will lose a lot of income, I don't think she will be but we'll see.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 7:33 AM

SamSpayed:
    If it were left up to people like you and PureGro1

Or its possible that there are multi faceted arguments here that wont fit in your two sided diagram, But do continue to water it down to least common denominator.

If I were a "people" like me, I would tell you- The only thing I am against reporting is the person who strokes well above par on WGT courses being surprised they get beat in a 500 coin room and calling people cheaters because they beat said player.

IF you played in these coin rooms, you would know that there are very good players in there with all sorts of ranks/avgs. Maybe call em coin room kings, then you have the old flash players some of whom are red tee or paper champs-

Having played both I can see these coin kings eating the paper champs lunch most of the time. Read the entire thread Most of this is devoted to calling that cheating and not about SDs or money tourneys or actual cheating.

HamdenPro:
    Do not just write off those that are complaining, from what they have personally experienced.

I am not, I've said multiple times that these duplicates in the SD and the money tourneys probably are cheating and I 100% agree with reporting them.

This is my last post on this- I understand and respect the thought of duplicates in SD and that people do cheat in money tourneys or at least try to cheat. 

I think there are multiple arguments in this thread, I believe the talk of cheaters proliferating 500 coin rooms to "steal" coins and apparel. The threads that talk about how a hack hit 3 birds and and how that's not possible really waters down the subject of actual cheating.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 11:09 AM

pdb1:
    I am trying to find where it explains how they cheat . Cheat programs , ding hitters , etc . No mention of that . All I see is that they are playing too well . And they don't chat . And they rent equipment . Are those rule breachers ?

I'm "SO" glad you asked...

My 1st post to start this thread (and a good way to end it) was...

Here is what a Cheater looks like:

1) They usually show up in the Chelsea Room (which is only a single hole). Sometimes they play Casablanca, which is 3 holes for 10,000 coins each.

2) They're always a low tier (HACK, Amateur, Pro, and Tour Pro which helps them from the closer tee)

3) They have no special apparel, (Basic pants, shoes, and shirt. Usually level 1).

4) Their picture is the basic player one

5) They play with starter equipment and hit a starter ball.

6) They putt like a TOUR CHAMPION on a good day sinking 20+ putts on a Tournament speed green.

7) If you say "good luck" they won't answer you.

Whatever program they are using, it keeps their drives straight, irons make the green, and they'll one putt the green no matter what speed.

So you've lost you match and 500 coins, now what?

Put the player on your blocked list.

Report the player to the Topgolf people (on the help part of SETTINGS.)

In my section of the NORTHERN LIGHTS SHOWDOWN tournament there were 2 "suspected Fraudulent Players" (which is what I will now call them). One was a HACK and the other was an AMATEUR.

I reported both to WGT to investigate.

The end!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 2:15 AM

I want to leave this thread too but this:

DuFussMcGoo:

1) They usually show up in the Chelsea Room (which is only a single hole). Sometimes they play Casablanca, which is 3 holes for 10,000 coins each.

2) They're always a low tier (HACK, Amateur, Pro, and Tour Pro which helps them from the closer tee)

3) They have no special apparel, (Basic pants, shoes, and shirt. Usually level 1).

4) Their picture is the basic player one

5) They play with starter equipment and hit a starter ball.

6) They putt like a TOUR CHAMPION on a good day sinking 20+ putts on a Tournament speed green.

7) If you say "good luck" they won't answer you.

Whatever program they are using, it keeps their drives straight, irons make the green, and they'll one putt the green no matter what speed.

Needs answering.

I-7 pretty much go together and are hardly surprising for a new player, the possible exceptions being 5 and sort of 7.  5 you're basing on one hole, one putt with an indication of distance and I'm not sure do they get the predictor thing?  7 they maybe haven't worked out the chat yet and I've had many tiers not wanting to anyway.

But really it's the last two lines, these people have something that "keeps their drives straight, irons make the green, and they'll one putt the green no matter what speed." and they use it to restart and qualify 35th in the rookie showdown? They could win the big credit tournaments if they could use such a program undetected but you're suggesting they target the Rookie Showdown and games in Chelsea! 

As there's a formula you also seem to be suggesting there's a significant number of these accounts.  That is nonsense and people shouldn't block or report on the basis of what is basically someone playing one good hole.

You probably are reporting multi's sometimes and are clearly zealous in that but it doesn't make the above right, nor should you name people here. 

RSS