Forums

Help › Forums

courses gone?

Thu, Nov 18 2021 2:55 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Howeee1
    503 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2021 9:27 AM

All the hard work was done with course graphics etc. Where have Cabo, Whistler and Oakmont disappeared too. I used to pay extra for premier membership because I could play Cabo and Whistler free. I wont be purchasing premier anymore. I feel like someone stole something from me with courses taken away, golf bags i purchased gone and avatars just disappeared from my inventory. 

• jacktrade51
    10,832 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2021 8:44 PM

You are a little out of date, sorry.

Oakmont has been back for 2 years, after a 2 year or so absence due to a licensing (think money) dispute.

As to Cabo and Whistler, I agree with you totally.  WGT never owned those courses.  TruGolf did.  Why WGT and TruGolf could not reach an agreement to continue those courses is over my pay grade.

If WGT worked a deal with TruGolf and brought Cabo and Whistler back into play, we would not be complaining about lack of new course for 2 years.

(It is also possible that TruGolf has those courses operating on other formats that I don't play.)

Tom.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2021 9:29 PM

Howeee1:
    I feel like someone stole something from me with courses taken away, golf bags i purchased gone and avatars just disappeared from my inventory. 
    Add the course notebook.

Alas, T&Cs see it differently:

WGT legally terminated the licenses they gave to us, as they do it all the time with the balls.

One "less friendly" detail is that they never indicated which equipment would not be available outside Flash. But, the biggest downside is that a lot of clubs are still locked into the "Bag Plus" with no chance to unlock and sell them.

• gyrene120
    594 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2021 8:50 AM

sorta suks doesn't it

• Kalliste
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2021 6:01 AM

Yep, I too was victim of the "Bag Plus" situation concerning locked clubs a few months ago.

I emailed customer services and explained which clubs were locked and that I wanted to sell them back to go towards buying new equipment. Within two days they sold the clubs for me (as in took them back...lol) and the credits were indeed put into my account.

So, just let them know the actual clubs you want rid of and they will sort it out for you.

Listee

x

• Toweliechaos
    31 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2021 8:15 AM

What's odder still is that if you play a coin match, especially 9 hole, you will still get cabo and whistler holes popping up. So clearly there can't be a license issue unless no-one has noticed this so why not just make those two courses available properly?

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2021 4:41 AM

Toweliechaos:

What's odder still is that if you play a coin match, especially 9 hole, you will still get cabo and whistler holes popping up. So clearly there can't be a license issue unless no-one has noticed this so why not just make those two courses available properly?

The main reason is most likely because TruGolf who actually programmed and own those 2 courses and Top Golf are business rivals and apparently don't get along well together. WGT got those 2 courses before Top Golf bought WGT 

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2021 4:54 AM

Toweliechaos:
    you will still get cabo and whistler holes popping up.

I do not think so and have not seen this happen I believe you are mistaking something....

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 10:05 AM

PureGro1:
    I do not think so and have not seen this happen I believe you are mistaking something....

Just admit it, his drugs are better than yours.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2021 2:59 PM

HamdenPro:
    Just admit it, his drugs are better than yours.

I HIGHly doubt it...lol

• PAGES
RSS