Help › Forums

Family members playing on one PC.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 25 2021 9:27 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TrikiRik
    103 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2021 8:24 PM

Is it possible for my grandsons and I to play a head-to-head game on a single PC, if we all have separate accounts?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2021 11:01 PM

TrikiRik:
    play a head-to-head game on a single PC

This alone would be impossible to start with AFAIK unless... you log in, play your shot, log out, and your grandson does the same... back and forth over and over...

↓↓ EDIT : "Necessity is the mother of discovery." You guys are amazing! 👍 ↓↓

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 12:14 AM

TrikiRik:

Is it possible for my grandsons and I to play a head-to-head game on a single PC, if we all have separate accounts?

You could try doing it using an Android emulator, such as Bluestacks or Nox.  You'd have to have 2 instances running at the same time, with one of you logged in on one and one of you logged in on the other.  Then just swap back and forth between instances depending on whose turn it is.

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 1:26 AM

How about one on steam and the other on the standalone version?...

...head to head is two players yes?

⇧ EDIT : Thank you Simon, we all are in our own way.  ; ) ⇧

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 3:39 AM

Scott you might want to try that on the same course and hole.  I know if I am gleaning credits on mobile and then start playing a game on the PC launcher, it causes all kinds of problems. mobile and Launcher(PC), same account.  Have forgotten and had to withdraw from  a number of games because of it(I just flat cannot play on the small screen on mobile.)

What you show above, is on the left, is St. Andrews, on the right, is Wolf Creek, plus you are using the same account for both.  We don't even want to go there about the other way(2 accounts)  Did you even try playing.  I can start a game off of the launcher, with the mobile running also, but after the first couple of shots it starts asking if I want to resume/forfeit on each shot on both screens, I end up having to forfeit the game to be able to get out of each device.  Once you forfeit on one, the game is gone on the other.  (this might be an indication as to why WGT seems to be having problems with cross platform play)

I don't believe what the OP is trying to do is possible, without taking the chance of getting either 1 or both accounts banned.  2 computers, 2 accounts same household, I know is possible.  Playing against each other, depends on game, might be frowned on.

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 5:05 AM

I don't see that it's really relevant Gary because the OP is talking about separate accounts. But just for you, here is a video of me playing the same course at the same time, one on steam the other on the standalone version...

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 6:27 AM

I don't know if wgt will allow 1+ account in one home.

They might ban both under multi accounts category. 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 6:40 AM

Scott I have 4 computers hooked up in this house, 3 running 7, 1 running 10.  I don't  have another account other then this one, but do know of a different account that I could use to try and do what the OP is asking.  I am not about to try that action.  That has been too many things in these forums concerning different accounts using the same computer and those accounts being banned for whatever reason.  I do know that playing against the other account on a different computer, in this household, is possible.  But none of the games played were for credits either(that is where this might be frowned on by WGT)

Just watched your video.  The one thing I did notice, you are not actually playing against yourself as the OP asked.  You are actually playing 2 different games. But it does appear like you can use the 2 different platforms at the same time, unlike mobile and PC, as that has you trying to play the same game from both.

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 7:48 AM

How do other game vendors deal with this issue, or do they just not care how many accounts one person may have?

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 8:11 AM

I used to play lots of LAN Games back in the day and none of the vendors had any issues.

For the first time, i heard this as an issue on WGT.

Playing under one roof and getting banned. It is bit ridiculous as well as fair outlook considering the cheating aspect that can or may occur. 

• PAGES
RSS