Forums

Help › Forums

showdown

Sun, Jul 18 2021 10:11 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • NiceOne38
    59 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2021 10:35 AM

please tell me why if someone quits  in showdown. game stops and you get nothing for 3 holes. what a crook of ***.  fix this ***.

• DOGZBOLOX
    14 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2021 6:15 AM

I have had many quit and it just lets me play the other holes, with my score, happened a few times

• Rocky12101
    139 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2021 11:41 PM

Yes.  I also have had players quit and the game then just continues for me so I get to post the rest of the scores.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2021 8:20 AM

That's one of the mysteries of life.  It sometimes lets you finish and sometimes it doesn't.  It's a crap shoot as to what happens.  Been like that since day 1 of the showdowns.

• Rocky12101
    139 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2021 12:03 AM

Yes it's very annoying.  Seems the earlier post was right ... sometimes it lets you finish, and sometimes it doesn't.  I played in Showdown today and got to last hole ... birdie putt from 6 feet.  Other player messed up and all too predictably (and rudely) forfeit.  Game immediately froze up and offered me the "cancel or retry" option.  After several unsuccessful retry attempts .. staying well clear of the "cancel"  ...the game just automatically forfeit my play.  So a bogey on the last hole when I was 6 feet for birdie!! Thankfully, my eagle on 7th was left untouched.  The moral here perhaps is NOT to forfeit just because you have messed up your own game.  Have the courtesy to let your opponent complete their game.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2021 7:11 AM

The trouble is WGT don’t sort the problem . Even when contact is made with WGT , only a refund of showdown entry fee , at best is given , if you miss the cut, .

the only thing I try and do is chat nicely with oppo in the hopes they don’t forfeit on you , especially if you tell them how important it is that we both finish the match. 

• Rocky12101
    139 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2021 11:50 PM

Maybe another option is to tackle the cause of the problem.  It's too easy for some to hide behind their gaming name.  Proves almost irresistible for too many to behave badly.  WGT could come up with a way to warn players who have been reported more than a few times.  I believe under the older format there was a coloured dot system of some kind?  Not sure.  But it would certainly make playing the game much more enjoyable.

• Rocky12101
    139 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2021 4:34 AM

P.S. I have since come across a part solution suggested by Mythanatos a long long time ago it seems - shutting down the App and doing a restart when confronted by the "cancel/retry" buttons.  Will give that a try next time this happens ... as it inevitably will ... probably tomorrow!

• PAGES
RSS