Forums

Help › Forums

Coaching

Mon, Jun 7 2021 9:56 AM (73 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2021 11:41 AM

@ JSmithers The aim of this thread is still to get wgt to ban coaching, 

If you had come on to it close to when it started and said along the lines of "I was in the video, it was a stupid mistake and I wont do it again", perhaps adding whether you think coaching should or shouldn't be against the rules, then your part in this would probably be over.  You waited 10 days or so and came here complaining of harassment to you and your family, no apology, talk of being unappreciated etc so it isn't.  I can only assume most of these happened away from this thread but as you post about them here I'll try to answer here,

There has been nothing about anyone's family (with your comments being the exception) nor any phone numbers given in this thread, I think talking about someone's family is despicable and 2am phone calls are ridiculous.

If you feel there's a personal aspect to this perhaps that's because who you are is important.  If I had been telling him where to hit the ball with what and where to aim in the e-tour qualifying bracket he'd have gone out, if the best players are telling people that's different and it's the person not being helped that goes out.

As el3n1 said you could make a difference here.  When you talked about yourself and Young46 giving advice and how you'd basically stopped streaming I thought that was directed at WGT.  I can see them worrying if their  "recommended streamers" weren't streaming and I can't see many in this thread being affected.

How much better if you directed such actions at getting coaching banned? 

JSmithers:
    "What you guys are doing is just plain cheap cheating no matter what the rules say" that is an interesting way to enforce your personal opinion over the actual rules in place.  Now I've addressed this many times. 

Personal opinions are what we have and I'd be interested to see where in the "actual rules" it says coaching is allowed.  I'm not sure what you've addressed many times; not a single apology perhaps as you think you've done nothing wrong/against the rules?  If wgt don't specifically ban this will you do it again?  You haven't said. 

JSmithers:
    First insuating that this is a common practice done daily.  Which is so far from correct.  Second saying that ones personal opinion is above the actual written out rules.  Now is it morally wrong?  Yes it definitely crosses some moral lines.  

On the first I assume you mean by you as you said earlier,  "Yes it happens more than anyone in here thinks it does.   I've seen people who average mid 60s shoot 55 in world cup matches."  Suggesting that overall this is happening an awful lot more often than daily and the second giving an illustration of the massive difference it can make to the poorer players round.  Again only top players could coach these people to shoot 55.  Added to that you said in one of your status messages,  "good thing you played at that hour... clowns... coaching advice only in the dms"  Do you think coaching, while someone is playing their bracket round, by direct message is ok?

The second: if it is morally wrong is it that surprising that some place that over an interpretation of some poorly written (in my admittedly unprofessional opinion) rules of a computer game?

Here are a couple of short passages from the T+C's I could interpret as saying this is against the rules. The first of these I admit to not knowing the exact meaning of, so it may well not suggest that but I'm pretty clear on the latter.  

use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose , including without limitation unauthorized network play over the Internet,

or (xii) behave in a manner or engage in any conduct which is detrimental to the enjoyment of the Application by other users

JSmithers:
    The help given to people in the past is what it is.  Just interesting to see how quick some of the people can turn on you.  As to the witch hunt I spoke of. When a video is sent to countless people to try and cause some type of harm to an individual.   When I received a call at 2am when I'm holding my sick child over a video game... that's when I became angry.  I personally can handle the name calling.  The talking behind my back.  The private chats speaking negatively about me.  But when it bleeds into my personal life is when it becomes unacceptable.   When my family is being spoken of is when it becomes unacceptable.   

I said earlier my general impression of you had been a good one, I did see you as helping people play and enjoy the game. 

I've obviously no idea who called you but it was someone you gave your phone number to and I doubt if that's anyone in this thread.  The general impression you give of people harassing you in personal ways is also not happening here.  It seemed to me you considered harassment differently when others spoke of it (back to your status messages)  "Aww timmy made a status about me and harassing people.. I love knowing I'm on your mind".

• Cicero733
    2,291 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2021 9:56 AM

Question arises…if this multi-paged thread is just about asking WGT to impose a new or clarify an existing rule, why not a 1 or 2 line request sent to WGT via the usual customer service request form? Why instead all the excoriating comments, vitriol, and appeals to a higher moral plane that are being broadcast virtually world wide? Grandstanding?

RSS