Forums

Help › Forums

Coaching

Mon, Jun 7 2021 9:56 AM (73 replies)
  • Cameron122010
    23 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2021 8:16 PM

I don’t need Jason Young’s spreadsheet to get me from tee to green. I can do that just fine by myself in reasonable proximity to the hole. I could however, use his help telling me where to aim when I’m on champ 14 greens facing a 13 ft downhill putt with 3 plus grids of break . That being said, any player willing to accept another player basically playing the round for them by doing just that has zero integrity, especially in a tournament type setting. 

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2021 7:25 AM

There are issues that to me after 9 years in the game, and after living what I lived, and the decisions of wgt towards me, they no longer matter to me at all. What's more, we all know that "coaching" exists, another question is how it is done. Well, there are traps and traps, and as the saying goes "where the law is, I cheat." An example, multi-accounts .............

PS.- I was banned from WGT simply for wanting to help them and for a long time discovering cheats, so I do not care exactly what others do, as long as it does not affect my CC, my friends, or myself.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2021 2:16 PM

giraldin:
    so I do not care exactly what others do, as long as it does not affect my CC, my friends, or myself.

Well it very much does affect your CC and almost certainly some of your friends, I don't know about you personally.

I know some of your CC manage, through hard work and maybe in some cases many attempts, to get into the E Tour brackets.  They may look at the bracket and see they have the likes of Birchi, Mags, Golfx3, WoL or 1irony in the other half  and they reckon they'll have to beat them in the final. 

As they are very good players they think "I can do that".  But the top player in the other half is coaching players they have to beat to reach the final so they have to beat them not just once but twice, three or even four times to win through. Or another top player is coaching them which means much the same.  Remember winning the bracket guarantees a prize of at least $1,000. 

When WGT ban coaching I think screen sharing at all during the E-Tour brackets should be banned too.  Whatever reason someone may have for doing this; coaching (paid or unpaid), research for their own round or supporting a friend, doesn't  seem right.  The last is obviously the least concerning of the three, but who could do that and not let the friend know if they were about to make a mistake that may cost them going to the Live Event? 

I know, enforcement, but I'm sure saying it's against the rules would deter some and thieves do occasionally fall out.

Incidentally I'm certainly not suggesting anyone I named does anything like this, they were just names of players I respect and admire and couldn't beat once so would hate to have to try to do it repeatedly.

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2021 4:19 PM

DodgyPutter:

Remember winning the bracket guarantees a prize of at least $1,000. 

The bottom two spots in an eTour event pay out $250 each.

• terryntx
    56 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2021 5:08 PM

you people are acting like you are playing to put food on the table its a fkn video game wake up bro

• terryntx
    56 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2021 5:10 PM

you people are acting like you are playing to put food on the table its a fkn video game wake up bro

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2021 3:01 AM

BPeterson8256:
    The bottom two spots in an eTour event pay out $250 each.

Very sorry about that they did say $1,000 on one I was watching, this one:

Danny Myers: josh birdied 16. payton tough dow hiller to birdie it

zNoVa Gadbwuah: Who streaming it

marshall matlock​:  josh updating in discord

must have been the finals.  Apologies again for the inaccuracy.

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2021 4:20 AM

Perfect Dodgyputter, when I say don't affect my CC, friends, or myself, I don't mean it hasn't happened already. But what can we do? I think nothing, so if it is proven that coaching exists, I think it is better to forget it, and make the best of this game, until wgt gets down to it and tries to solve it in the best possible way.

RSS