Forums

Help › Forums

Where are the best holes to hit 400yd+ Tee Shots?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 17 2021 3:41 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YouLostToALoser
    189 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2021 6:22 AM

Where are the places that 400 yard Tee shots are achievable

Need:

1 Course

2 Hole Number

3 Tee Box

4 Wind conditions

Thanks for your help on this...only managed 374yds up to now, struggling to get it past 370, even with large tailwinds Only L94mso 182mdriver, But longest drive was with a 277 Driver hitting it over the back of the 9th or 10th at St. Andrews (so long ago, I don’t remember).

So if I know where to go to have the best chance, I can play those courses more and get the ‘400 yard drive’ monkey off my back.

Thanks and keep those drives booming...on the fairways of course. Greens would be better...but not always.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2021 9:31 AM

Probably the easiest hole to get it on now would be hole 17 Wolf Creek with a Strong Tailwind.

If you want to do it with the least amount of effort then wait until Back 9 of Wolf Creek is part of a Clash. Then play it over and over until you get a tailwind.

the reason is the apparel boosts will work in a Clash. if you get a 19-20 mph tailwind it will be automatic to get over 400. 

hole 16 Saint andrews is another than can do it on. need a 30mph wind and use top spin if you get the right downslope it will roll over 400. 

Few other holes on st andrews that i've done it on. I've probably done it 25-30x they just don't show up because they are in coin rooms. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2021 11:56 AM

Cart paths and rocky hillsides can also be aids to long drives. There was a hole on Cabo that I sometimes tried to hit a rocky hillside for a 400 yarder. Worked fine until Cabo got dug up and turned into condos. (Or was that  WGT dumping the Flash version?) 

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2021 12:03 PM

Mythanatos:
    If you want to do it with the least amount of effort then wait until Back 9 of Wolf Creek is part of a Clash.

You don’t need to wait until a Clash as the apparel boosts work in regular ranked rounds as well. 

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2021 1:28 PM

HackWilson1930:
    Cart paths and rocky hillsides can also be aids to long drives.

Very true. I once miscalculated a cross wind on WC 12 and caught the cart path to the right. It bounced down a large portion of the length, rebounded into the fairway and left me with a 9 iron into the green. Well over 400 yds, but not in a ranked round so it didn’t count. It was pure luck.

• ichott
    56 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2021 1:35 PM

MarchieB:

You don’t need to wait until a Clash as the apparel boosts work in regular ranked rounds as well. 

does it really, which ranked rounds ?

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2021 7:37 PM

YouLostToALoser:

Need:

1 Course

2 Hole Number

3 Tee Box

4 Wind conditions

Set up a CC tournament (unlimited play) for St. Andrews, back 9 with high winds. Keep restarting round until you get favorable wind conditions. It will probably take a few attempts to get a 400-yard drive. 

That's what someone did in the CC I'm a part of and how I got my 400-yard drive. By the way, I used the starter ball. No need to use expensive ones for this. It's all about the roll. and the rock will roll for a long ways. You probably won't even need super-high winds. 

Forgot to add, that's a Nike driver (287 yard, no apparel). 

• Stuman66
    243 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2021 9:00 PM

I hit my 430 yard drive on the first hole of Wolf Creek from one of the front tees (not my favorite but it was a club thing) with a big downwind. Lots of backspin so it aired out and landed on the cart path that crosses the fairway and then shot forward.

I had a 400+ previously on St. Andy #6, back tee, with a big downwind and a bit of topspin. It landed on a down-slope and rolled forever.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2021 10:10 PM

Robert1893:

YouLostToALoser:

Need:

1 Course

2 Hole Number

3 Tee Box

4 Wind conditions

Set up a CC tournament (unlimited play) for St. Andrews, back 9 with high winds. Keep restarting round until you get favorable wind conditions. It will probably take a few attempts to get a 400-yard drive. 

That's what someone did in the CC I'm a part of and how I got my 400-yard drive. By the way, I used the starter ball. No need to use expensive ones for this. It's all about the roll. and the rock will roll for a long ways. You probably won't even need super-high winds. 

Forgot to add, that's a Nike driver (287 yard, no apparel). 

Yep. Had a few on that hole, the trick is to hit the front rim of the slight circular depression on the left edge of the fairway and it shoots off. But you need a bit of luck for the ball to stop before the rough on the back of the green, cause it doesn't count, if you end up in the rough. Had a few more, on Andy's #3 and RSG #5. The latter is great for a shorter driver, it allows you to aim for the hole without taking any power off. The 291y in over 10 mph wind will just fly over that ridge and stop in the 30/40 rough. Gimme birdie, but not good if you wanna 400 yarder. 

• PAGES
RSS