Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S HELP COMMUNICATE .

Wed, Dec 14 2022 8:56 AM (27 replies)
  • dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2021 1:55 PM

Many of these players do not belong to a county club, so they are missing out on shotpal and putterpal, if they even know what they are. 

Have tried sending friend requests and the invite to the C.C., but very little luck so far.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2021 4:09 AM

Quit living in a dream world.  These players of who you speak, don't want to tier up or improve the 150 average they currently have.  I have never seen so many 150 average Tour Pros then we have now, or multi's.  Most are younger people with the attention span of a piss ant that don't want nor care about us PC players.  Most can't live their lives without have a phone attached to the end of their arm.  They only want to play using a phone/tablet as that is how they live today.

We, the older generation, are to blame for most of what happens today(supposedly)  They think nothing of quitting a round that is not going their way(not saying PC players don't do the same thing).  They will only change as they age and eyesight starts to get bad and then want something with a bigger screen.

Everyone seems to complain about and want cross platform play.  I wonder sometimes if that is ever going to happen.  You can't watch videos on a PC any longer(unless running a emulator)some may ask, what is that?  It makes the world of internet think you are accessing the internet on a mobile device.  The mobile players are mostly only interested in coin games, I guess they think a lot of coins is a status symbol.  Ever ask yourself, why can we only watch videos on mobile.  Tho both the mobile and PC version of this game appear the same, I am betting actually they are not.  Otherwise we would be able to watch videos on a PC.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this game stays on PC until after I am gone, but not holding my breath on that one.

Take the above however you want, as it is my 2 cents,  But I know, I will not waste my time on them.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2021 10:28 AM

pdb1:

Not able to enhance , upgrade , expand , or grow .

They don't care, what better way to win all those coins, stay on slower greens and shorter tees.  After they get advanced beyond TP they just start another account.  At higher levels they already have top equipment. (Most stay with Starter Equipment, so they never buy a thing, except maybe balls). Why do you not see this, 150 average TP"s all over.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2021 1:25 PM

pdb1:

I can tell they are interested . I can sense their hunger for knowledge . Better equipment . The ability to lower their average . To move up in tier . To play rounds that count more than worthless coins .

It is there . The exact same thing we had and have . Because they are the same . But until recently their knowledge was limited .

Paul, I get what you're trying to do, and in a way, I applaud your efforts.  But I have to say, I'm with Gary on this one.  I don't think very many coin game players are looking to be educated by anyone on how to play ranked rounds and tier up.  My impression is that the vast majority of them are there to play a few quick games on their mobile devices as a fun diversion and then go off and do something else.  And there's nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I feel no obligation to educate them or even talk to them about ranked rounds or tiering up "the traditional way".  I'd rather just play, enjoy my game with them, and then move on, as they do the same.  I'm not going to tell anyone else what to do in order to enjoy their game.  That's up to each player to decide.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 11:13 PM

pdb1:
    It is all done in a positive light . All with optimism .

I know that, Paul, and that's why I said "in a way, I applaud your efforts".  I know you have nothing but good intentions and are only trying to help.

RSS