Help › Forums

Time outs

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 7 2022 6:01 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TCMcDuff
    1 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2021 8:34 PM
    This game is proof that programmers are only proficient with machine languages. When they tell you you have only one time out left do not believe them you have none. Also can someone explain why when you are disqualified you can not watch the rest of the players complete their game. I don’t believe if you are disqualified in a PGA tournament that they immediately make you leave the course. I play regularly with my brothers and would enjoy watching them finish their round. Please correct your language and give disqualified players the option to continue to watch. Thanks.
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2021 7:31 AM

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2021 8:35 AM

If you don’t play within the allocated time you don’t have the right to watch the rest. Same with soccer when you get a red card you are sent out of the arena , and cannot watch from the stands ! 
    Oh and this isn’t real golf , it’s only a game simulating the real sport ! 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2021 8:42 AM

Time outs are not the same as warnings. You might have set the game for 7 time outs and still get disqualified for slow play after a first warning. 

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2021 4:34 AM

pdb1:
    Except for a few mistakes . The time you thought you had 1 time out left . And you did not . It is unlikely that you couls recreate the scenario . Probably a glitch , error , or mistake .

Actually the OP is 100% correct. When you use up your last timeout/shot clock time violation it will say 1 Timeout remaining. However the next time you use too much time you are DQ’d. This actually came up a few years back in one of the first few Live events where one of the players was DQ’d with a couple hole left to play as he thought he still had one more time violation. It is very confusing.
    I made the simple suggestion that they should just change the numbers on them so that when you’ve used the last one available to you it says you have 0 remaining rather than 1 but nothing came of it.  

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2021 5:44 AM

Or look at it a different way.  When it says you have one timeout remaining, you are then playing on that 1 timeout.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2021 1:37 PM

TCMcDuff:
    This game is proof that programmers are only proficient with machine languages. When they tell you you have only one time out left do not believe them you have none.

This is correct, and I agree with you that it's deceiving and a poor design (although it's not technically a bug).

My suggestion would be to always set the number of timeouts in your multiplayer games to 3 (or more).  That way you can time out twice (or more) and still finish your game.  I play a lot of multiplayer games and it's extremely rare for me to see anyone time out more than twice in a game.

• PAGES
RSS