Mon, May 10 2021 1:18 PM

WGTicon:

BTW, AvatarLee did it with G10 clubs 

G10-irons

;-)

• JDGHOST
    6,776 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 1:21 PM

Wow 44 is amazing !! I am trying to get my head around how to even do this challenge!! I was thinking a course like Bethpage  where you get 25/30 lies in fairway bunkers but even then gotta go bunker to bunker then make par 15 times minimum that would be 36 bunker shots maybe take 2 extras in greenside bunkers and still come in under 75...But that's only 38 bunker shots I cant see goin bunker to bunker on par 5's ...

Also I can see hitting EVERY greenside bunker.... BUT you need to make pars so how in the H*ll do you take more than 1 bunker shot there? Par 5's you can easily take 2 but par 4's and 3's??? ...All of this with making every single putt to save par and a few Bogeys? 

25 even 30 worth a go ...But 44?? I would love Mags to stream that round!! 

I must be missing the "Secret Glitch"  ....Unless someone wants to enlighten me on what I am missing here ...I think I'll sit this one out 

JD

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 1:55 PM

JDGHOST:

Wow 44 is amazing !! I am trying to get my head around how to even do this challenge!! I was thinking a course like Bethpage  where you get 25/30 lies in fairway bunkers but even then gotta go bunker to bunker then make par 15 times minimum that would be 36 bunker shots maybe take 2 extras in greenside bunkers and still come in under 75...But that's only 38 bunker shots I cant see goin bunker to bunker on par 5's ...

Also I can see hitting EVERY greenside bunker.... BUT you need to make pars so how in the H*ll do you take more than 1 bunker shot there? Par 5's you can easily take 2 but par 4's and 3's??? ...All of this with making every single putt to save par and a few Bogeys? 

25 even 30 worth a go ...But 44?? I would love Mags to stream that round!! 

I must be missing the "Secret Glitch"  ....Unless someone wants to enlighten me on what I am missing here ...I think I'll sit this one out 

JD

Fmags did it on best of par 3's, which is par54... the original award was set for par 72 courses, so it def what I didn't intend to happen, but it was my mistake...

but if it works, then fair is fair... 44 is the # now.. but higher is better :)

• JDGHOST
    6,776 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 2:30 PM

WGTicon:

Fmags did it on best of par 3's, which is par54... the original award was set for par 72 courses, so it def what I didn't intend to happen, but it was my mistake...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH   WELL SH*T Mr.Icon  LOL I didn't even consider Par 3's as a legit round??  That makes the 75 needed not even super Impressive lol I mean the putting still has to be there so there is that.... I wonder if you get the award in "Practice" format (even less impressive) set short tee's and "Standard" greens...

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 2:51 PM

JDGHOST:

WGTicon:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH   WELL SH*T Mr.Icon  LOL I didn't even consider Par 3's as a legit round??  That makes the 75 needed not even super Impressive lol I mean the putting still has to be there so there is that.... I wonder if you get the award in "Practice" format (even less impressive) set short tee's and "Standard" greens...

Short tees will work, but I don't think you'll get the actual diamond unless it's on a regular course. I'm guessing the par 3 will give you the number on the awards, but not the actual diamond part of the award. Fmags already had the diamond. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 2:52 PM

JDGHOST:
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHH   WELL SH*T Mr.Icon   lol  I didn't even consider Par 3's as a legit round lol  That makes the 75 needed not even super Impressive lol

I'm with ya, same here. 🤣 A typical case that you gotta be able to think outside the box, I guess... Thanks for the hints, Chris.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 2:55 PM

BPeterson8256:
    Short tees will work, but I don't think you'll get the actual diamond unless it's on a regular course. I'm guessing the par 3 will give you the number on the awards, but not the actual diamond part of the award. Fmags already had the diamond. 

Well... I guess there's only one way to find out : try it by oneself and see what gives.

EDIT:

Okay, I just tried it on Best of Bandon Par 3 and as Brett pointed out, it doesn't count for Diamond. Looks like it has to be done on a regular course.

I've also noticed that some bunker shots aren't counted in the number. I was counting the shots I hit from bunkers... I'm positive it was 36 but it only shows 32 on the award. Bizarre...

• JDGHOST
    6,776 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 8:27 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Okay, I just tried it on Best of Bandon Par 3 and as Brett pointed out, it doesn't count for Diamond. Looks like it has to be done on a regular course.

Well if that's the case and Mags ALREADY had the Diamond award and the number was changed on said award due to his "recent 44"  on the best of Par 3's

WELL...I CALL

New party member! Tags: movie comedy wedding crashers incorrect youre wrong  erroneous erroneous on both counts | Wedding crashers movie, Giphy, Wedding  crashers

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 11:40 PM

He did it as  CC tournament, which may allow you to do it. I do think more than 44 is possible, but pretty hard... :)

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 12:03 AM

very intresting :O

the award is for 25.

how are you able to tell when you get more than 25 ??

RSS