Forums

Help › Forums

Granting a Gimmie to a player

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 11 2021 12:41 PM (4 replies)
  • Arrangr
    2 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2021 11:56 AM

This would be great... Ability to give a gimme to another player because their shot was fantastic and extremely close... like one would do while out on the course playing.

Been in a couple of games where the other players shot was so close... I wanted to grant him a gimmie. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2021 12:30 PM

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2021 2:37 PM

TopShelf2010:
    Unless I am mistaken, you can concede
    ... in Match Play situations, but not in stroke play. That is a privilege of the lowly amateur to give, and of the formerly to receive.

• Arrangr
    2 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2021 3:46 PM

Why would I want to concede an entire game? Does that answer let us assume you’ve never been on a golf course in your life?

Two guys playing... excuse me, people playing 9 or 18 holes and the one chips it up to the rim of the hole... I’m going to give him a gimme. He has skills.  That makes friendly matches more fun and much quicker.  

• Teegr
    31 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 12:41 PM

Arrangr:

Why would I want to concede an entire game? Does that answer let us assume you’ve never been on a golf course in your life?

Two guys playing... excuse me, people playing 9 or 18 holes and the one chips it up to the rim of the hole... I’m going to give him a gimme. He has skills.  That makes friendly matches more fun and much quicker.  

Agree this would be a useful add to the game

RSS