Help › Forums

announcer

Sat, May 8 2021 12:36 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2021 4:52 PM

sirromkcaj:
    Could someone please explain to the announcer that the term "Never up, Never in" means that you didn't hit the ball hard enough.....it makes me crazy that when the announcer says it, the put missed long!

It doesn't bug me whatever he murmurs. What bugs me though is he suggests either a wrong club or a wrong shot type or a wrong scale every single time.

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2021 5:47 PM

I believe the announcer is using a bit of irony. You, the player hit it hard enough to make the hole and beyond. It’s giving you an excuse as to why your putt is long. You tried, but…Perhaps if he began with, “well, you know the old saying, never up, never in” 

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2021 10:14 AM

sirromkcaj:

Could someone please explain to the announcer that the term "Never up, Never in" means that you didn't hit the ball hard enough.....it makes me crazy that when the announcer says it, the put missed long!

But the term doesn't only mean "you didn't hit the ball hard enough". A putt that missed long could still be classed as "never up, never in" if the putt missed low. The putt was never high enough so it was never up.

If it really annoys you, simply go to audio settings and slide the "commentary volume" all the way to the left.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2021 10:19 AM

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2021 10:37 AM

Actually someone should explain to him that the phrase has to do with putting not approach shots. I don't know how many times my punched 64 degree wedge almost went into the hole for an eagle and I got  "Never up /Never in".

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2021 1:49 PM

Hahaha I never have the volume switched on , so I don’t hear anything !

• JockJockson
    1,021 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2021 12:36 AM

Before I turned the sound down, this used to piss me off too.

Until I realized the announcer was making a mournful observation on the performance of his own reproductive organs.

Cheery

JJ

• PAGES
RSS