Forums

Help › Forums

VUSO Torrey Pines Qualifier

Wed, Jun 30 2021 4:35 PM (85 replies)
  • AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 2:40 PM

SoCalJim23:

Funny, you guys with those unrealistic LOW Averages in the LOW 50's.....it's a Fantasy.  

You are centainly entitled to your opinion here on WGT.....but, like I have stated....STATS do matter.

Stumbled on these last 2 pages and couldn't stop laughing. 

Regarding the quoted part, those averages are quite realistic for very good players playing from the tips, given the system. Most of them have reached their tiers long before the minimum required rounds per tier were lifted to 750 at TL and 1000 at Champ tier. So they reached TC tier quicker and played more rounds as TCs, therefore being able to lower their long ago saturated averages to where they are now. Kind of like the way you became a TC ;-)

As for the stats, I really wouldn't be pointing them out, if I were you. Cause yours are fairly average and even that is mostly down to playing from shorter tees. Cause the rounds you had on Torrey from the tips are a very good indication of your actual ability to play and understand the game. And with such a poor understanding of this game (a 67 in 30+ tries would be pathetic for a legend, let alone a "Tour champ"), how on earth could we expect you'd be able to read the stats correctly.

The player in 2nd place in the qualifier and both players you were responding to in this thread are so above your skill level, you'll never be able to grasp just how much. But when I see the idiocy of some of the comparisons with them you're making, I do have to wonder, how you were able to play that many rounds, while performing an audit in Arizona...?

To finish, I'd just like to get a few things out there, just to help you read my stats, in case you take the time to do it. I'm still a champ because the saturation point (and minimum required rounds) are no longer 200 for both TL and C tier, as they were in your day, but have since risen to 750 for TL and 1000 for C tier. And when you play strictly rounds from the tips and in different conditions, it takes a bit longer. It also takes a bit longer, when you play a quarter of your rounds with the free ball (and another quarter with some cheap balls), cause you can see your bracket opponent scored poorly enough to know a sure 65 or better will beat that score ;-) The reason why my eagle count (and plenty of other players' as well) is lower than yours is cause not everyone enjoys playing any course (including par 5s) from the kiddy tees ;-)

I have nothing against you and yes, you have every right to make a fool out of yourself....as much as I (and everyone else) have the right to call your shyte out.

Cheers,

Jure

Thought I'd sign my name, before you start calling me Ana, my WGT name is a combo of my son's and his mother's names ;-)

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 4:21 PM

Nice speech, Jure.  You guys in your WGT Country Club look like you stick up for each other.

Yes, I did take a peek at your STATS.....I have many more EAGLES than you have & have played 2,000 less ranked rounds.  I have more DOUBLE-EAGLES than you have also. And, if yu0 look at the "Equipment" I'm playing with....it's pretty much the same since I turned "Legend". And, we all know, the level of equipment & balls you play with DO make a difference in how well you can play this game.

Interesting too.....There is a Top "Tour Champion" here on WGT......who has hit over 31,000 Ranked Rounds.  A much better player than me by far.  But, I have hit more DOUBLE-EAGLES than he has hit....but, not sure why that is.  He has a TON of Holes In Ones.

I have learned that here on WGT.....there are a total of approx. 5 Million Members, but, maybe only 1 Million "active" players,  now.  My best estimate is there approximat7ely 7,000 Tour Champions.  So, you can say what you like about my WGT golf abilities.....but, I HAVE made it to tthe TOP Tier (Tour Champion)....quite awhile back.

Though I joined WGT in May of 2014.....I have played maybe 4-1/2 years.

The other thing about my playing style is that....every since I began playing WGT Golf, I have resisted "calculating" putts.  I have preferred to "putt by feel"....like Golfers do when they play REAL Golf.  Though, we do have the putting grid.  I read the Greens and putt. I know all of the various green speed calculations....but, I choose not to calculate putts.  

And, I realize there are MANY much better players than me.....this is true with everything in LIFE....there's always going to be people who are better at certain things than we are.  I do not define myself by WGT Golf.  But, like I said.....I'm am in the UPPER 5% of all of the approx. 5 Million WGT Members.

Tell you what.......You can criticize ME all you like.....AFTER you finally reach the "Tour Champion" Tier.  

Good Luck To You!

Jim

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 5:01 PM

whine and cheeses to all

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 8:36 PM

P.S........Jure.

I'm not even sure WHY you're here in this discussion about the "TORREY PINES QUALIFYING" Tournament.......because, in looking at YOUR WGT Playing History, you have NOT yet played that Tournament even once, that I can see.  You've played only Bracket Tournaments.

TORREY PINES is a "new" WGT Course to all of us.  I've played ALL of WGT's many Courses 100's of times.

I think maybe in my case though, since, I haven't played very more than 1-2 months after I made "Tour Champion"......I didn't do myself any favors.  Because, it does take time and practice to master those "Championship Speed Greens".  Well, I did play those Green Speeds as a "Champion"...but, it was tough.

But, my GOAL really was to make it to "Tour Champion".  I didn't expect to qualify for TORREY PINES.  Besides, it's not like WGT is giving away a "New Car" to the Winner.....don't know WHYthey don't offer up a MAJOR Prized to the Winner and maybe to the TOP 10 Finishers.

Why don't you play the TORREY PINES Tournament......you'd probably score lower than my best score which was a 67 (-5).

Regards,

Jim

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2021 11:43 AM

Wedge.......You have played approx. 1,300 more Ranked Rounds than I have played....and compare the Level of YOUR Equipment with mine.  Your Equipment is about the HIGHEST Level you can buy in the WGT Pro Shoo.

I've been playing with pretty much the SAME Equipment since I made it to the "Legend Tier"

I'm not sure, because I have never used a better PUTTER than the one I now have, which is a level 15 Putter.  But, I believe that the 97 to 100 Level Putters have distance info. on the Meters.  I just don't know.  My Putter has ZERO distance markings...so, it's almost like I'm putting "blind folded".  I do know and understand the "green speed calculations", but, I almost always Putt "by feel".

You give me another 1,300 Ranked Rounds of playing on "Championship Speed Greens"......and I bet I coulod be hitting Scores of 57 on 18 Holes too.

The Equipment we play with and the number of Ranked Rounds we have played on the various Green speeds......makes a HUGE difference in our scoring.

Jim

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2021 1:21 PM

Still just being "curious" about the "Torrey Pines Qualifying" Tournament Leaders.

OK, by my calculations (doing research here in the Forum).....to Level up from the Lowest Tier to reach Tour Champion........it takes a MINIMUM of 1,271 Ranked Rounds.  And, I'm sort of assuming EVERYONE of those Scores better be good ones, too.

Correct me, if I'm wrong, OK.

So once again.....I look at the #2 Player on the Torrey Pines Leaderboard......who posted a beautiful Score of 53 (He's definietly a LOT BETTER player than I am!!!).  And, I have hit approx. 5,200 Ranked Rounds (I have played approx. 4-1/2 years since joining WGT in May of 2014).

This player has hit a total of 2,199 Ranked Rounds to get to the point where he hit that Amazing 53 Score......CONGERATS, BTW!!!  

Though again, I will point out.....besides learning how to putt well on "Championship speed greens".....I think it takes the BEST Clubs & Balls that you can buy that are available on WGT.....Clubs & Balls at Levels 99 to 102....to be able to hit those scores in the 50's.

It will be interesting to see the Final Results of this Torrey Pines Tournament.

Good Luck to all of those who do qualify.

Jim

• Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2021 1:27 PM

SoCalJim23:

That guy who is i#2 on the Leaderboard of the "Torrey Pines Qualifying" Tournament.....IMO, doesn't have the STATS to support his being there.

Takes a LOT MORE than LUCK to hit a nearly perfect game....

Horrorshow is a dude that i follow since a while. He's done legend and is TL more or less during same times than me. And i can tell you that this guy know what to do. There is less luck involved if you can ''predict'' as much as possible the income of a ball.

Tools have been developped and enhanced through years to perform with more precision many aspects of the game. If the guy takes serious notes about what he's doing and adjust in concert there is no reason that was all about from a sudden mega luck delirium.

People should take super low average guys with a grain of salt. And unlimited rounds tourneys too.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2021 4:09 PM

SoCalJim23:

I will point out.....besides learning how to putt well on "Championship speed greens".....I think it takes the BEST Clubs & Balls that you can buy that are available on WGT.....Clubs & Balls at Levels 99 to 102....to be able to hit those scores in the 50's.

Yes, equipment certainly does make a huge scoring difference.  But most of the players that you see at the top of the Torrey Pines leaderboard can score nearly as well even with lower-level equipment.  Just look at their scores in the eTour events where everyone plays with the same set of clubs.

SoCalJim23:
    I'm not sure, because I have never used a better PUTTER than the one I now have, which is a level 15 Putter.  But, I believe that the 97 to 100 Level Putters have distance info. on the Meters.  I just don't know.  My Putter has ZERO distance markings...so, it's almost like I'm putting "blind folded".

The meter markings are known as Putter Pal.  Putter Pal is free if you're a member of a Level 2+ CC, or you can purchase it in the Pro Shop.  They are percentage markings, not distance info. 

The reason why you don't have the Putter Pal markings on your meter is that you're not a member of a Level 2+ CC.  

If you're disappointed in your antique L19 putter, there are some great choices in the Pro Shop, and there is a 20% Off Putters Sale going on now through Sunday 6/27.  Check it out.

SoCalJim23:
    You give me another 1,300 Ranked Rounds of playing on "Championship Speed Greens"......and I bet I coulod be hitting Scores of 57 on 18 Holes too.

Excellent.  Something to shoot for.  Good luck!

RSS