Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 4/27/21 ***

Sat, May 8 2021 3:44 AM (67 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 8:01 AM

bossbird:

I use iPad , and go in via this web page , and my tournaments are gone too , though I can still play them on the app.

Same with me.  Cant get to club tourneys from club home page, but can get to them from game client.

So, no way to check a lot of things before playing (like tees, wind, green speed)

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 8:13 AM

AlaskanDame:

bossbird:

I use iPad , and go in via this web page , and my tournaments are gone too , though I can still play them on the app.

Same with me.  Cant get to club tourneys from club home page, but can get to them from game client.

So, no way to check a lot of things before playing (like tees, wind, green speed)

You can see wind strength and green speed on the launcher and on mobile. 

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 9:03 AM

lol lmfao rotf-lmfao hahaha hahaha 

Heads won't roll over this as the game is a total loss. 

I see Torrey is set to open for 18hole Stroke play on May1st. Wondering what Course will be taken away as that seems to be the way when another Course comes in, one leaves. 

Still only 13 Courses to play. Will the Best of 3, 4, 5, Hardest holes 'EVER be changed? or will the same boring old Holes still be there, day after day, year after year....

and so the saga continues....

• JDGHOST
    6,776 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 9:03 AM

Ok after further research the Issue "SEEMS" to be limited to members that can create Tourneys ONLY....

In other words for our club that would be Myself and my director staff only ...The rest of my members CAN see the club tourneys as normal ...

I will try going thru my play history like suggested to access a leaderboard although that won't help with individual round times (beginning/ending)... thanks for the work around...

JD

• RyjaTybas
    5,139 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 9:31 AM

I had hoped that one benefit of moving away from Flash would be a more stable game - but NO.

As before, each update seems to wreck something else. In this case, the CC comps on the web browser - which is a massive bummer - considering the very limited information on the APP.

The game also seems more unstable than Flash by a large margin. Sure, there were often Flash crashes - - but it was just the game.

Now when WGT crashes - varying from zero to three times a day - my whole PC crashes and I have to press reset. Its driving me bananas.

Its only when WGT is running that I get these strange crashes - and I am struggling to find the reason. Its totally wrecking head-to-head games.

Getting closer and closer to giving up my WGT addiction.

• JDGHOST
    6,776 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 9:53 AM

wedge0837:

Still only 13 Courses to play. Will the Best of 3, 4, 5, Hardest holes 'EVER be changed? or will the same boring old Holes still be there, day after day, year after year....

and so the saga continues....

Yeah when you say it like that I have to agree.... 13 courses to chose from in the modern "Gaming Age" is pathetic at best ...A lot of my friends that left WGT for "The latest alternative golfing site" tell me there are literally thousands of courses  to chose from? They tell me anyone can build a course (although I'm told it's quite time consuming to do so) but be that as it may new courses pop up EVERYDAY ...But I digress....I'm a dam WGT loyalist  so here I am LOL

• TomCarioca
    288 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 9:56 AM

What really upsets me is the lack of any information.

Both before and after the downtime (what is going to be done / what has actually been done ).

The way this is going is just bad and does not even show a minimum of customer orientation.

Are you serious guys? Is this your understanding on how to run a business?

• RyjaTybas
    5,139 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 10:02 AM

wedge0837:
    Will the Best of 3, 4, 5, Hardest holes 'EVER be changed? or will the same boring old Holes still be there, day after day, year after year....

Totally agree with that - especially the weak par 4s with so many repeat holes.

Par 3s fails as well for several reasons (one being including Bandon holes).

Par 5s are OK considering the limited choice.

BUT there should be a rule NOT to repeat holes already in Famous and Hardest (which also have wasted repeat holes).

There were earlier versions of the 3,4 & 5s but they were changed to drop the Cabo/Whistler holes a few years ago.

Another change is well overdue.

• TomCarioca
    288 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 10:08 AM

And yes - I love the game and am addicted to it lol.

And I appreciate every progress in the app (yes, there is some *g).

And yes, I know how hard it is to find good developers, but please -.

don't fail so miserably at communication! 

It's like a slap in the face and really eats away at motivation...

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 10:39 AM

RyjaTybas:
    quote user="wedge0837"]Will the Best of 3, 4, 5, Hardest holes 'EVER be changed? or will the same boring old Holes still be there, day after day, year after year....

We could do it ourselves in 5 minutes using a custom course builder but WGT does nothing in years to update them.

Problem with the custom course thing is you can't just play it whenever you want, or more importantly, with friends.

RyjaTybas:
    Another change is well overdue.

RSS