Help › Forums

Open question concerning H 2 H matches

Sat, Jun 5 2021 4:44 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pdb1
    22,542 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2021 5:20 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    He's talking about H2H records in coin games, which are normally displayed as X amount of wins and losses against anyone on your friends list. They only count the "mobile" rounds, meaning the ones you play on 1, 3 or 9 hole random courses. 

I guess you are forgetting that PC play was added to H2H rounds 2 years ago . Meaning that is why they are such a popular format now . Because of the 1000's of PC players participating in the format .

Still a quick format . With random green speeds . Giving the appearance of having some parity . But still not recording anything with any notable significance . It means nothing to have won or lost against a higher or lower tier . In this format . Or any format . ( with the exception of match play rounds , where there is a significant bonus awarded of points lowering the lower tier victors average for beating a higher tier . But only through the tier of Tour Master )

Because of the fact that it was originally a mobile feature . As a quick and out inconsequential format . A Stroke play derivative . Only wins and losses were ever recorded . After the round was completed it is then then deleted .The only thing left on the timestamp is the results .

It may be true that the format is considered a " practice " round . I do not know . But it is not played in " practice " mode .

Win - Loss records are inconsequential in determining tiers and averages in WGT .

An opponents score or win or loss does not effect ones WGT stats .

Nor do they record Holers , Albatrosses , Eagles , Birdees , Pars , Bogeys , etc .

Or longest drive or longest putt . Shots to the green , GIR . Or anything else that we know to be significant . In coin rounds .

Forfeits are also excluded as a viable stat . So without the need for any of the above .

Unless something happens . Like the still majority rule in WGT being the PC player . Continue to challenge the new format . And the many conundrums that it creates . Causing them to go out and buy a drawing board . If it is in the budget ?

Then this will all stay the same . Or get steadily worse .

If at some point . The Mogens ( mobile generation ) . Decide that they too matter . That they too would like to be a part of the WGT universe . That they should be able to lower their average also . That they would like the opportunity to challenge themselves in tier building . To be able to acquire equipment to match their tier and skill level . To have a solid physical record of their time spent in the battles . To not be frustrated in wonder of how the hell they got to where they are . For it all to be recorded . To be studied and evaluated . To be able to base decisions on real physical statistics .

I think we would welcome those that had had that AH HA moment . Encourage them . Welcome them with arms wide open . And assist them in their new full journey .

The others that do not have that desire . Can continue spinning their wheels to their hearts content .

Our system is already in place . Tried and tested through the annals of time .

• SamSpayed
    3,677 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2021 2:08 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    He's talking about H2H records in coin games, which are normally displayed as X amount of wins and losses against anyone on your friends list. They only count the "mobile" rounds, meaning the ones you play on 1, 3 or 9 hole random courses. 

Actually, the current month's W-L-T record you see on your Friends page includes all coin games you've played (minus forfeits), not just the games you've played against people on your Friends list.  For instance, I played 5 games last night.  My record currently shows JUN H2H: 3-W 1-L 0-T.  All of those games were against non-friends in coin rooms.  The one game where my opponent forfeited was not included in the stats.

I know the monthly H2H record is not important to some people (myself included), but it is important to others.  I agree with the OP, it would be nice to have the win-by-forfeits included in the monthly stats. 

pdb1:
    The development team is currently in deliberation about the decision of whether or not to add a penalty system to the game to increase game completion.
    It would enforce a strict punishment on players that leave games, and reward players that choose to stay until the games full completion.
    I cannot tell you when it will be implemented, but I can tell you that it is being considered as a possible solution.

Very happy to hear that this is being considered 😁

• pdb1
    22,542 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2021 4:44 PM

SamSpayed:

Actually, the current month's W-L-T record you see on your Friends page includes all coin games you've played (minus forfeits), not just the games you've played against people on your Friends list.  For instance, I played 5 games last night.  My record currently shows JUN H2H: 3-W 1-L 0-T.  All of those games were against non-friends in coin rooms.  The one game where my opponent forfeited was not included in the stats.

I know the monthly H2H record is not important to some people (myself included), but it is important to others.  I agree with the OP, it would be nice to have the win-by-forfeits included in the monthly stats. 

Not only is it not important . But it is deceivingly inaccurate .

pdb1:
    The other reason is that the forfeit system is a big glitch . Most forfeits are false . It is a current system problem . Forfeits are often given to the slower of 2 computers . When the faster computer initiates the forfeit . Quits . The slower computer does not cycle the reconnect as fast . The system then determines that the slower computer " did not return in time " and assigns the forfeit to the innocent slower computer that didn't initiate anything .

The screen shot above was taken on 6/1/21 . Obviously is intended to be some tally of May of some sort .

In May I played ( or tried to play 92 coin games ) . If as you say forfeits are excluded . 

22 rounds were quit by the opponent . And the same quitting opponent was awarded the win . And the coins . The screen shots of everyone of those rounds were recorded and submitted . So far 16 have been reimbursed still in progress .

4 rounds quit by the opponent were correctly awarded to myself .

And several quitters with no record at all . No coin change . No scorecard .

I am not the only player with these types of problems . IDK if any others kept the screen shots . But I certainly did .

The coin system is riddled with inconsistencies . The win - loss record is inaccurate . The forfeit system is completely flawed .

This format . Being that it is a practice time filler . Cannot be considered as a serious round . A round where the participants would be expected to commit to anything . Not at all .

The same goes for Alt Shot and Match Play . There isn't any justification on God's green earth . To hold players to commit to rounds that are meaningless .

That is why this solution is an even bigger recipe for disaster .

" The development team is currently in deliberation about the decision of whether or not to add a penalty system to the game to increase game completion.
    It would enforce a strict punishment on players that leave games, and reward players that choose to stay until the games full completion.
    I cannot tell you when it will be implemented, but I can tell you that it is being considered as a possible solution."

SamSpayed:
    Very happy to hear that this is being considered 😁

I'll let you think on that Sam . I'm hoping that really doesn't make you happy .

The WGT Universe would come unglued . If punishments were implemented to players that exited a inconsequential round . Before some one else thought they should .

Only Multiplayer Stroke Play rounds . Could that be implemented . Without causing a complete uprising .

There are other solutions that should first be considered .

In the above scenario where I mention that 22 rounds were quit by the opponent . But the win was awarded to him . Plus the coins . In 20 of those . It happened before the 1st tee .

That is what I have a problem with . The loss of coins to a quitter . I could care less about the win . Seriously .

They need to fine tune the system . If a game ends before the 1st tee . No matter who initiates the end of the game . The entry fees should be returned to each player .

Especially in a format where coins are the only value of the game .

They need to fix the forfeit function . All the way . If they can't fix it . Then we are screwed .

But punishments are unthinkable . I wouldn't wish punishment on my worst opponent . EVER .

SamSpayed:
    All of those games were against non-friends in coin rooms.

Makes no difference . Friends or not friends in any format in WGT .

• PAGES
RSS