Forums

Help › Forums

Open question concerning H 2 H matches

Sat, Jun 5 2021 4:44 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Garys1n2
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2021 4:43 PM

I have wondered about something for quite a while now, and have not read any discussion on it either here in the forums or in the FAQ's.

In head to head coin matches, if a player forfeits during the match, the winner is rewarded with the appropriate amount of coins in the winning purse, no matter when the forfeit occurred.  However, if the forfeit occurs before the last hole, the forfeit is not recorded as a win or a loss, in the H2H stats in the "friends" tab.  Sometimes, the forfeit is recorded as a win if it happens on the last green, but that is not always the case.  

I realize that sometimes, the game is out of reach, and a forfeit speeds up game play, but a win is a win and a loss is a loss, and in my way of thinking, they should be recorded that way (if the game is going to keep a record of H@H play).

Can anyone explain why forfeits are not recorded in the H@H record?

Thanks for reading.

• bossbird
    1,133 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2021 3:29 AM

I had assumed they were all recorded , but , to be honest those stats don’t mean anything anyway , so it’s not a big priority for me .You are only as good as your last win . And I can lose to anybody anytime ! 

• pdb1
    21,962 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2021 12:39 PM

Garys1n2:

I have wondered about something for quite a while now, and have not read any discussion on it either here in the forums or in the FAQ's.

In head to head coin matches, if a player forfeits during the match, the winner is rewarded with the appropriate amount of coins in the winning purse, no matter when the forfeit occurred.  However, if the forfeit occurs before the last hole, the forfeit is not recorded as a win or a loss, in the H2H stats in the "friends" tab.  Sometimes, the forfeit is recorded as a win if it happens on the last green, but that is not always the case.  

I realize that sometimes, the game is out of reach, and a forfeit speeds up game play, but a win is a win and a loss is a loss, and in my way of thinking, they should be recorded that way (if the game is going to keep a record of H@H play).

Thanks for reading.

bossbird:

I had assumed they were all recorded , but , to be honest those stats don’t mean anything anyway , so it’s not a big priority for me .You are only as good as your last win . And I can lose to anybody anytime ! 

Well said . Thanks for explaining that . As you are so right .

He might be getting lucky . But not all forfeit wins have been going to the winner .

Everyday I have a player quit on me . I get the forfeit and lose the coins .

WGT is aware of it . And I have got some reimbursement . It's a glitch .

And does not happen every time . About once a day .

Other than the nonworth of the coins . Is the only benefit of coin games .

And meeting people . But if I didn't initiate a conversation . They wouldn't say boo .

There is also some experience to gain .

• pdb1
    21,962 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2021 11:29 PM

Garys1n2:

they should be recorded that way (if the game is going to keep a record of H@H play).

bossbird:

If you notice . In the footer after a match while reloading the game client . Certain features will flash by as it is rendering . One of them says DELETING ROUND .

But according to CS . If they know the Coin Room , the approximate time . And the names of the players . The time stamp will tell them what transpired .

IDK exactly what is saved in coin games . Very little . Probably the coin exchange and the winner only . No reason to record a forfeit in those . Statistically . But the time stamp does display it .

• alosso
    20,276 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2021 1:04 PM

Garys1n2:
    a win is a win and a loss is a loss, and in my way of thinking, they should be recorded that way (if the game is going to keep a record of H@H play).
    Not sure about that, because H2Hs are considered "practice", without any records.

Garys1n2:
    I can't, but I suppose that they simply don't care for practice play.

• pdb1
    21,962 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2021 1:57 PM

Garys1n2:
    (if the game is going to keep a record of H@H play).

Nothing of any significance is recorded in any of the non ranked rounds . Records are not kept for H2H rounds . They don't count .

EDIT : A response was made by me to the below post . It will likely not be posted . It can be viewed here .

• SamSpayed
    3,092 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2021 12:47 AM

Garys1n2:

Gary, I've noticed this too, and the only explanation I can think of is that WGT's programming doesn't record a win or loss for you in your monthly W-L-T totals until the game is completed by both players.  If the game is abandoned (forfeited) by one of the players, that end-of-game code is never triggered.  Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but that's my best guess.

• pdb1
    21,962 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2021 3:59 AM

Garys1n2:

I think there are a couple reasons . The first and most important is the lack of a need to record many actions and features of the H2H mode . Especially negative ones .

The other reason is that the forfeit system is a big glitch . Most forfeits are false . It is a current system problem . Forfeits are often given to the slower of 2 computers . When the faster computer initiates the forfeit . Quits . The slower computer does not cycle the reconnect as fast . The system then determines that the slower computer " did not return in time " and assigns the forfeit to the innocent slower computer that didn't initiate anything .

Even if they fix that . Which is a big can of worms . And has them considering new codes that instead of one player receiving a forfeit . If the end of the round happens before the first tee . The change would return the entry fees to both players .

I think this platform has trouble discerning accurately between the 2 opponents . The coders are equally as inept in assigning the triggers the codes need to discern these differences .

Going back to the first reason . It is a negative statistic . Not necessary for recording .

The third giant factor is the high number of quitters that exit the game at every part of the round .

It has them considering things like this letter I recently received :

May 14, 2021, 1:26 PM CDT
    HI,
    Thank you for messaging us with your concerns for the game and the overall community of players.
    We understand the frustration caused when players leave games before they are finished and we are developing a resolution for this.

The development team is currently in deliberation about the decision of whether or not to add a penalty system to the game to increase game completion.
    It would enforce a strict punishment on players that leave games, and reward players that choose to stay until the games full completion.
    I cannot tell you when it will be implemented, but I can tell you that it is being considered as a possible solution.
    Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps create an optimal experience for our users. Thank you!
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Regards,
    You Know Who .

Of course that would be disastrous . And not a good solution at all .

Being a free and voluntary format . One cannot be punished for not doing any monetary or status changing actions . Needless to say . We would not be happy . And would cause a GR8 uproar .

But the current forfeit system is broken and has been all along . Forfeits will not be a recorded feature in any non counting rounds ever . And probably forfeits will not be counted in any format eventually . If they are actually counted in any formats .

We are asking this basic platform to perform and discern and separate and record and calculate many variables that were not considered when the decision was made to go forward with the platform .

It is not just that the techs haven't figured out how . I think it is beyond the capacity of depth and capabilities of this platform . It's maxed out . And actually getting corrupted more and more .

This is only my opinion based on many dozens recordings of frequent and illogical results . In the 100's .

• pdb1
    21,962 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2021 4:01 AM

If by chance my reply to the above . Is not posted . You can find the contents here .

• AnaNikolaj
    260 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2021 4:22 AM

alosso:

Garys1n2:
    a win is a win and a loss is a loss, and in my way of thinking, they should be recorded that way (if the game is going to keep a record of H@H play).
    Not sure about that, because H2Hs are considered "practice", without any records.

Garys1n2:
    I can't, but I suppose that they simply don't care for practice play.

He's talking about H2H records in coin games, which are normally displayed as X amount of wins and losses against anyone on your friends list. They only count the "mobile" rounds, meaning the ones you play on 1, 3 or 9 hole random courses. 

• PAGES
RSS