Forums

Help › Forums

name change

Sat, Apr 24 2021 3:40 PM (3 replies)
  • gillian5048
    154 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2021 8:10 PM

I have tried to contact WGT about changing my name. Didn't think at the time I was giving out too much information. Can anyone help.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 2:22 PM

Nobody can change your player name except WGT, and I don't think they do that for anyone.  But good luck!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 2:35 PM

Here is one of the many other threads on this, it includes an answer from wgt.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 3:40 PM

gillian5048:
    I have tried to contact WGT about changing my name. Didn't think at the time I was giving out too much information. Can anyone help.

Seeing how you want to do things by the book or within WGT guidelines, it would not hurt to ask. 

I have heard / read that WGT facilitated some people changing over their accounts in the past, in particular those who were using facebook.  So, WGT has clearly helped facilitate some form of account changeover before, but it could mean starting over.  I don't know.  

The other thread linked by dodgyputter suggests they can do nothing... 

That being said, if it is a privacy concern and you have felt harassed or people tracking you down somehow, report that and give it as a basis for your request.  If WGT won't protect you from being harassed, then there are other golf games out there - some appear more popular than WGT.  

Good luck.

RSS