Forums

Help › Forums

Irons Recommendations from Ping G25 L83

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 12 2021 11:56 AM (8 replies)
  • Fornatu
    22 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2021 8:55 AM

Been using Ping G25 L83 for a couple years. Thinking of spending a few dollars on an upgrade.  Any/all recommendations appreciated.

Thx, Larry

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 11:45 PM

My advice would be to get the best you can afford at your level , try first , and get a discount when buying after trying

• Kandrlife
    19 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 6:08 PM
    I just did everything I could to get to level 85 for the Callaways. Everything about them is excellent and you are almost there. I’ve looked at clubs at higher levels etc. but these are a great club until you get to 95. I had the pings and just loved them… I especially liked the 210 yardage +200+190. The Callaways are staggered in 15 yard increments so I missed the pings from that standpoint. Anyway, if you look at other comments/posts the Callaway is at level 85 are very popular choices. Just my two cents… Sincerely, Ralph
  • jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 7:55 PM

Top line Callaway set @ level 100.  Was Rogue Pro when I bought,  Name might have changed.  You have worked with your irons this long I would not by 2x.  Wait it out for the best.

Tom.

• Fornatu
    22 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 9:03 AM

Thx for all the reply's gents. Fwiw, I'm L100 now.

Sounds like upgrading clubs is a "get what you pay for" deal.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 3:31 PM

Fornatu:
    Been using Ping G25 L83 for a couple years. Thinking of spending a few dollars on an upgrade.  Any/all recommendations appreciated.

I concur with Tom.  The Callaway MAVRIK Pro Iron Set (L100+) would be a great choice.

If you'd prefer an even slower meter speed than that, try the Callaway MAVRIK Iron Set (L97+).

My suggestion would be for you to wait for the next Free Rental Weekend, then try them both, then buy the ones you like best at a 10% discount.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2021 2:30 AM

Fornatu:
    Thinking of spending a few dollars on an upgrade.
    What about the weakest parts of you equipment, two Starter items?

Two wedges fitting in may boost your game tremendously!?!

• Fornatu
    22 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2021 7:53 AM

alosso:

Fornatu:

Thx for chiming in. I never use the 2 starter clubs in my bag. Unfortunately, WGT doesn't allow them to be removed. My short game seems pretty good with my Cleveland & Ping PW.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2021 11:56 AM

Fornatu:

alosso:

Fornatu:

Thx for chiming in. I never use the 2 starter clubs in my bag. Unfortunately, WGT doesn't allow them to be removed. My short game seems pretty good with my Cleveland & Ping PW.

Of course you can replace them with better wedges. Just set your equipment settings to advanced, buy 2 good wedges and change them.

RSS