Help › Forums

Player Availability - 6th Post

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 21 2021 10:51 AM (2 replies)
  • kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2021 2:08 AM

Hello WGT

Please can you put some energy/resources/smarts ... whatever is required into the player availability issue.

Having everyone "green" all the time is just not working and just making those players who are left, very frustrated.

I am simplifying my ask:   Just that you show players as available or not.   I am well aware that you can turn your status to "offline" when you are in a game but that results in the chatbox being "nuked" (for want of a better explanation).

Yes some people are getting by using voice channels, but that's not for everyone.

Are there actually any plans to fix this?

Thanks Kay (9+ year player)

P.S.    If you just want to rant about WGT, or u like playing coin games, or like playing single player, please do not respond to this post.  This post is just about people who like to play with other people.   Don't hijack it PLEASE!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2021 10:32 AM

kdownunder:

Hello WGT

Please can you [...]

[...]

Are there actually any plans to fix this?

I'm afraid that they won't reply here. Try "Contact WGT" (below), but they have kept their policies and plans 99.9 % secret at any time.

Hope is futile, they are WGT!

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2021 10:51 AM

alosso:
    I'm afraid that they won't reply here.

Very true, but they do read the Forums, and I admire Kay's persistence in trying to get WGT to resolve this issue.

kdownunder:

Please can you put some energy/resources/smarts ... whatever is required into the player availability issue.

Having everyone "green" all the time is just not working and just making those players who are left, very frustrated.

It seems to me there are a few things that WGT would need to do to fix this.  I'd suggest the following:

1. Once a player starts a multi-player game or a single-play tournament, change their availability to OFFLINE (red).  Change it back to its previous status once the game is finished.
    2. If a player does not do anything in the app for a period of time (say 15 minutes) - no keystrokes or mouse clicks - change their availability to OFFLINE (red).  Change it back to its previous status once they perform some action within the app.
    3. Allow each player (the host and others) who is in a multi-player game lobby to see their Friends list and filter it to only show their friends who are ONLINE.

Just my thoughts.

RSS