Help › Forums

AS: When is WGT going to fix it?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 1 2021 7:38 PM (69 replies)
  • pdb1
    23,222 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2021 9:04 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    Unlimited play tournaments turned a player busy automatically. No matter if it was stroke or CTTH. 

I can't believe you just said that . I am telling you that what I have written below is the exact protocol and for reasons I state . If after reading it . You still don't believe it .

Please feel free to copy and paste it and have Customer Support verify it .

Even you must have played several thousand of those rounds . You don't remember getting invites all the while ?

Well I certainly do . And is still the only format that I play that receives any invites . Because I would have to personally turn myself to busy if I didn't want them .

But I wouldn't do that in that format . If I had some attachment to the round I was playing in , solo . I would just decline . Or back then , type a quick message .

In unlimited play single player rounds . Both WGT ( default settings ) and CC ( tiered custom settings ) .

The ability to invite during a round was left on , on purpose .as default  Because :

The round has " game completion turned off " . The only format with that . Giving the single player the option of restarting the round ( also the only format with the restart option ) .. 

And or accepting an invite . Without consequences . Not interrupting a MP round .

In the unlimited play single player round . Ending , quitting , exiting the round at anytime on any hole does not count against you . On your average or game completion .

That format is unique in all of those that I mention . And it is a fact .

• SamSpayed
    4,044 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2021 11:10 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    Unlimited play tournaments turned a player busy automatically. No matter if it was stroke or CTTH. 

Actually, in Flash, playing a single play tournament turned you red.  Playing an unlimited play tournament did not.  At least that's the way it worked on PC.  But it's a moot point now, though.

• pdb1
    23,222 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2021 12:17 PM

SamSpayed:

AnaNikolaj:

Actually, in Flash, playing a single play tournament turned you red.  Playing an unlimited play tournament did not.  At least that's the way it worked on PC.  But it's a moot point now, though.

Yes . This is my original statement .

pdb1:

There is a distinction between the 5 main MP formats .

MP Stroke Play : The round is counted , ranked rounds . All stats and scores are counted . Automatic RED BUSY to stop invites from interfering .

Unlimited play single player . Statistics and scores are counted in rounds that are completed only . As an invite can be quickly declined without any problem . And as easily accepted if the player wishes . Does not affect anyone else . No reason for auto RED BUSY .

Coin . Not a counted or ranked round . Has no meaning or purpose other than a forced pressure filled format . That one can gain good experience in . And meaningless coins . No reason for auto RED BUSY .

Alt Shot . Another no statistic no score meaningless format . Other than enjoyable team play . And more good experience . No reason for auto RED BUSY.

Match . An obsolete format . Still played for fun and experience . No statistics . No scores . No reason for auto RED BUSY .

Single Play Tournaments and Bracket Rounds are also a good argument to incorporate automatic RED BUSY . As they are single play and interruption would lead to a WD ( withdrawl ) . In Flash these were automatic RED BUSY.

Of course These are just my opinions . Except where The Flash protocol is in place . If PCEA were to upgrade to be equal to the Flash invite system . That would be a marked improvement .

With the old color system , the ability to send a quick message . In the invite lobby , the host to have a search box that the other opponents could type in other green players for the host to invite .

These don't seem likely at this point . And unfortunately could make or break Multiplayer success in PCEA .

• AnaNikolaj
    288 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2021 2:02 PM

I accept the correction from both, I guess I remembered it differently..... and incorrectly. Probably cause I stayed away from unlimited ones whenever I could ;-) 

• pdb1
    23,222 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2021 4:18 PM

I think many of us just want things fixed .

More choices .

Ability to change status .

Ability to message .( in an invite )

Ability to see and invite when friends are green .

Ability to invite non friends that are green . ( random )

Ability in the lobby to type in suggested players .

Ability to have time to respond to an invite .

In the old system . I had felt that the little green invite icon . Was a poor invite notification . Located in a small area on the upper left side of the screen . A player would have to be staring at their screen at all times to see it . Because of that . I did see many arguments and confrontations between friends , strangers and CC's . About whether someone had or had not seen or been invited . Some of those arguments ending very poorly .

In this new system . I don't even know how an invite is visible , where to look or find it .

For instance . While I am on and green . I would like to be available to be invited for random multiplayer rounds . How does one make themselves available for that ?

2 times I saw an invite . Flash upon the upper left side of my screen for no more that 5 seconds .

After probably almost 100 hours of PCEA play . 2 invites is too few to have even seen .

• ranjet
    1,775 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2021 4:44 PM

The old color scheme worked well I miss it heaps.

easily accessible along with the friends list you could play golf and let it hang there all day.. For arranged matches it was king to know who and when its time to play.. 

A few months back the now basic online or offline option failed..

Glued to Offline for days many were complaining about it.

To save disappointing my friends by rejecting invites mid round or sending the apologetic email...I keep offline more often than not..

Surely the old routine worked better for everyone so why not replicate it... 

PS...  can I have my transparent avatar on the greens again please..  

• jacktrade51
    9,571 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2021 7:06 PM

So to continue ... I played an AS game tonight.  Also a few coin games.

In the latter, I can be offline and communicate with opponent without a problem.  In the former, I have to be online to chat with opps.  Why is 1 different than the other?

Also, offline in coin game, I do not get invites.

Online in AS I get invites.  I actually I got 2 that I had to turn down.  Offline in AS I cannot chat with other players.  So I have to choose between unwelcome invites (also wasting time of players inviting me), or not chatting in the AS game I am in?

Makes no sense, and ...

WHY THE DIFFERENT TREATMENT?

• pdb1
    23,222 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2021 8:48 PM

jacktrade51:

So to continue ... I played an AS game tonight.  Also a few coin games.

In the latter, I can be offline and communicate with opponent without a problem.  In the former, I have to be online to chat with opps.  Why is 1 different than the other?

Also, offline in coin game, I do not get invites.

Online in AS I get invites.  I actually I got 2 that I had to turn down.  Offline in AS I cannot chat with other players.  So I have to choose between unwelcome invites (also wasting time of players inviting me), or not chatting in the AS game I am in?

Makes no sense, and ...

WHY THE DIFFERENT TREATMENT?

I have a lot of questions too Tom .

Ugh . Forget it .

• pdb1
    23,222 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2021 9:06 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    I stayed away from unlimited ones whenever I could ;-) 

Ugh . Hate to tell you . But that is what you played to become Champion .

• meresi
    84 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2021 2:07 AM

well, i don't know, i am facing a different problem, can't play at all, will start a game sign in but nothing happened when i press the PLAY NOW button, curios, isn't it? does anybody face a similar problem? would be nice to get some answer from the community

regards meresi

RSS