Forums

Help › Forums

AS: When is WGT going to fix it?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 1 2021 7:38 PM (69 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2021 6:30 PM

It keeps getting lost in clutter of other forums, so let us start over. 

1. When can we decline a round with specific message (not I'm in a game or not here).  Try the old blank fill so we can say "in 5 minutes", or "30 seconds, or "I'll be back in 20 minutes".

2. When do we get to rationally figure out who is available?  Is "blue ... I am looking for a game" ever coming back?

3. When do we get automatically moved to unavailable when we are in a ranked round or playing AS/match play, so we do not get unnecessary invites?

Is anyone at WGT working on this stuff?  If WGT's goal is to cater to coin players and ignore the players that created this platform, that is a choice.  I am also prepared to move on.

Tom.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2021 5:38 AM

Right after they figure out how to fix the clash round clock

• TySrixon13
    141 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2021 7:28 AM

I would also luv to know the answers to those comments Tom , along with when can we expect our purchased apparel from Flash to become available to us ... or at least be reimbursed for them.

But I guess I`ll settle for someone from WGT actually acknowledging these concerns by posting something in one of these threads...the clock is ticking    oh wait

Robert

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2021 9:17 AM

• TySrixon13
    141 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2021 9:43 AM

Thanks Don ,

6 months ago , 1st drop...is 2nd drop coming soon , how about the other issues regarding when someone is "GREEN" ...as Tom posted ?

Ever been kicked out of a single play Tournament when you get an invite ?

Ever see a friend online , but don`t want to invite them for a game because you are not sure if they really are available ?

Seems to me it`s 1 step forward and 3 steps back lately , very frustrating to say the least

Regards ,

Robert

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2021 7:32 PM

TySrixon13:

I would also luv to know the answers to those comments Tom , along with when can we expect our purchased apparel from Flash to become available to us ... or at least be reimbursed for them.

But I guess I`ll settle for someone from WGT actually acknowledging these concerns by posting something in one of these threads...the clock is ticking    oh wait

Robert

+1 to all comments above.

On clothing, WGTChampion acknowledged it but nothing has been done.

Still, the priority for me is fixing AS play ... who is on or not, better ability to decline (say, for example, "I will be available in 5 minutes").  Also, can we go to "offline" in AS play to avoid unnecesary invites (I could not 2 months ago because it killed my ability to chat in game).  For that matter, we should be automatically unavailable when playing in single player games, AS, or match play.

In my old jobs, if I kept saying for 5 months fix it tomorrow and nothing happens, I would be fired.

This isn't WGTChampion's fault.  He is the intermediary, not the computer programmer.  So no problem with him.  It is the people behind him who are not producing (not sure whether by accident or on purpose)

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 7:15 PM

Just to move this along ...

Tonight I was trying to set up an AS game ... I invited about 12 people since I have an extensive list of AS players.

All but 1 declined.  The 1 who said yes took over and we put a game together.

But then, 5 of the players who declined on me invited me during our game.  So there were probably playing AS at the time.  They showed green, could not say anything except "later"; then they invite me and all I can say is "later".

This is nuts!

We should be red when playing AS so we do not get invites.  We should have specific messages available when declining ... say give me 3 minutes ... not just "I'm in a game" or "no".

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 11:18 PM

TopShelf2010:

TySrixon13:

Robert

Robert, 

Regarding "flash" outfits, WGT acknowledged this issue quite some time ago... here is the link to Champ's original post...

Community Update OCTOBER 2020

Don

WGTChampion:

In the next update we're adding a new brand of apparel to the game called WGT Classic. This brand will include apparel items that match avatar outfits from the Flash version of the game, so your avatar can maintain their style from Flash. All of the items will be available in the Pro Shop, but if you owned the Flash versions of the outfit previously, you'll automatically receive the apparel pieces in your inbox once they've been released. 

In our first WGT Classic apparel drop, we're planning to release the following: 

• Funky Fan Choice 2012 (male and female)
    • Tartan Blue (male) bundled with Sweet Tartan (female)
    • Vintage Plus Fours (male and female)
    • Crimson Pride (male and a *new* female version)

This is just the first release of WGT Classic items, and we'll be continuing to add more over time. One more note, some of the outfit names may change (I'm looking at you, "Funky Fan Choice 2012"), in case you don't see the specific outfit you're looking for by name!

In all of this time, I've not read anything pertaining to the return of Origin of Country avatars that were purchased & broadly seen in flash...We have had this new version running for long enough to have had it implemented by now one would think!

I see that there are plenty of stars & stripes clothing in the pro shop now & no items to represent any other countries. Most of the flash country avatars were worth 800 credits a pop & as Robert mentioned above - there has been no update regarding the reimbursement or return of purchased items.

Waz.

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 11:24 PM

jacktrade51:

Just to move this along ...

Tonight I was trying to set up an AS game ... I invited about 12 people since I have an extensive list of AS players.

All but 1 declined.  The 1 who said yes took over and we put a game together.

But then, 5 of the players who declined on me invited me during our game.  So there were probably playing AS at the time.  They showed green, could not say anything except "later"; then they invite me and all I can say is "later".

This is nuts!

We should be red when playing AS so we do not get invites.  We should have specific messages available when declining ... say give me 3 minutes ... not just "I'm in a game" or "no".

Yep this is just frustrating to say the least!

If the programmers were able to copy some code & work out the fps rate for the dots from the flash version for the classic putting grid.  I wonder if they could copy some code from flash for the invites?

WGTChampion:

Hi everyone, 

One of the main pieces of feedback from players is that the putting is different on Flash and PCEA, because the dots on the putting grid move at different speeds. Based on this feedback, we've created a second Putting Grid option for you to choose from.

In your game settings you will soon have a new option for "Putting Grid" where you can choose between "Standard" or "Classic" mode. Choosing the Classic setting will be much closer to what you experienced on Flash. 

But Champ, why did you say "closer?"

I'm so glad you asked. 

To develop this feature, we pulled the exact specs from the code of WGT on Flash (originally designed over a decade ago). What we learned is that the dots on the Flash putting grid may appear faster or slower based on each player's computer. WGT aims for 60 frames per second (fps), but if a player's computer is unable to run the game at that speed the putting dots will be slower. 

When you use the new mode in PCEA it will use the 60fps target like it was originally designed to, and because of this, some of you may find the dots to be slightly faster than you're used to. 

In addition to dot speed, the "Classic" putting grid brings back the lock/unlock grid feature. 

Okay Champ, that sounds great. When can I use it? 

We're so excited that we're releasing Putting Grid Classic mode NEXT WEEK! 

Get hype,

_CHAMPION

Waz

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2021 9:37 PM

Tiewaz:
    In all of this time, I've not read anything pertaining to the return of Origin of Country avatars that were purchased & broadly seen in flash..

We earned the outfits we had.  They should be returned to us for free.

They took away my multi-club bag I paid 400-500 credits for.  I have asked about both with bs non responsive responses.

WGT member services is generally pretty good.  Their intermediaries like WGTChampion and WGTIcon are too.  So no meaningful response is coming from the top down.

But I am still left, first and foremost, fix AS and match play and how we control our availability.

Tom

RSS