Help › Forums

AS: When is WGT going to fix it?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 1 2021 7:38 PM (69 replies)
  • alosso
    20,704 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2021 10:45 PM

jacktrade51:
    We earned the outfits we had.  They should be returned to us for free.
    Incorrect, speaking in strict terms.

Anything we "buy" here is just a software license, see the T&Cs. Some are temporary by definition, see balls. But, any of these licenses may be revoked by the company without compensation...

Of course, they may give us some credit licenses in return for other licenses, see clubs, but, legally, there's no obligation.

Flash avatars and the bags aren't even visible in our inventories now - is it a game of "out of sight, out of mind"?

We can only hope, and we know where that leads to!

• jacktrade51
    9,677 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2021 5:12 PM

alosso:

Anything we "buy" here is just a software license, see the T&Cs. Some are temporary by definition, see balls. But, any of these licenses may be revoked by the company without compensation...

Of course, they may give us some credit licenses in return for other licenses, see clubs, but, legally, there's no obligation.

Since I used to pretend to be an expert in copyright and trademark laws (less so in patent), you are technically correct.

I am also probably 1 of the few who scans through the Terms & Conditions, lol.  To be up front, I am more concerned about privacy expectations which is why I do it.  WGT is pretty good on that front.

What is legal may not equal good or fair customer service.

Tom.

• pdb1
    23,384 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 11:38 AM

AS: When is WGT going to fix it?

jacktrade51:

It keeps getting lost in clutter of other forums, so let us start over. 

1. When can we decline a round with specific message (not I'm in a game or not here).  Try the old blank fill so we can say "in 5 minutes", or "30 seconds, or "I'll be back in 20 minutes".

Very important . Was very useful feature .

jacktrade51:
    2. When do we get to rationally figure out who is available?  Is "blue ... I am looking for a game" ever coming back?

Also very useful .

jacktrade51:
    3. When do we get automatically moved to unavailable when we are in a ranked round or playing AS/match play, so we do not get unnecessary invites?

Won't happen in alt shot or other leisure rounds . Not automatically . Was automatic in Flash only in Ranked Rounds . Would have to turn yourself red in other rounds .

jacktrade51:
    We should be red when playing AS so we do not get invites.

Really shouldn't bother you . Usually have a longer shot clock . Once they fix the responses . That will be easier .

jacktrade51:
    We should have specific messages available when declining ... say give me 3 minutes ... not just "I'm in a game" or "no".

Agreed .

jacktrade51:
    For that matter, we should be automatically unavailable when playing in single player games, AS, or match play.

I do not agree . In Flash . While playing unlimited play single player rounds . That was the only format that WGT left the availability for invites on . Several reasons for that .

1) Unlimited play single player rounds are the only ranked rounds that can be exited or quit , or ended in the middle at any hole without consequences . No incomplete game ( game completion % is disabled in that mode ).

2) Not interrupting any MP round .

3) All of the above is the easiest and only way to be invited while playing in a ranked round . Making it easy to decline or accept as you are the only one affected .

The automatically busy was applied only in MP ranked rounds in Flash .

All other MP rounds . Alt shot and Match . It was up to the player as those rounds are inconsequential .

And is the way they should continue to do it . If they ever figure out how .

IMSO .

NEW PICS UPLOAD Skull311

• Nantre0
    1,011 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2021 8:08 AM
    I a green on not getting invites while in a game. U can’t always decline with a message time to short !!! It causes bad blood between long standing and new friends!! I want all my avatars back plz. I’ve spent a lot of my own cr on avatars. I want all six avatars back...been waiting 5 months now. I can’t wash my clothes every night after golf...!!! And plz WGT can the females plz get better colours and choices !! Clothes that fit better and black pants for girl too !!! Thanks, I do hope I will get a good answer back!! Nanz Zealots
  • pdb1
    23,384 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2021 9:48 AM

Nantre0:
    I a green on not getting invites while in a game. U can’t always decline with a message time to short !!! It causes bad blood between long standing and new friends!!

That is why :

While receiving an invite .

To stay on the screen long enough to reasonably reply .

Include a message block to communicate your status ." I'll be ready in 30 seconds" ," 5 minutes ", "10 minutes "," let's try tomorrow "," playing right now "" message me bud " etc .

Also with ACCEPT or DECLINE and possibly PLAYING RIGHT NOW .

By fixing that . Our friends would get a response . And not think they were being snubbed .

In all other formats EXCEPT MP Stroke Play . Keep auto RED BUSY off . So we can communicate a response . 

Or we have the choice to turn RED BUSY . If that is what we prefer . 

• jacktrade51
    9,677 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 4:37 PM

pdb1:

jacktrade51:
    3. When do we get automatically moved to unavailable when we are in a ranked round or playing AS/match play, so we do not get unnecessary invites?

Won't happen in alt shot or other leisure rounds . Not automatically . Was automatic in Flash only in Ranked Rounds . Would have to turn yourself red in other rounds .

pb, I appreciate your contribution to the WGT forum but you are wrong on this.

We were automatically turned to red in ranked rounds in Flash whether we were playing single play, AS or match play.

If it was a practice round for any of the above, then not for the reasons you stated.

Maybe you were playing a lot of practice AS games.  I was not.  So I am right on this.  But ty for your support on the other points.

Tom.

• pdb1
    23,384 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 8:53 PM

jacktrade51:

pdb1:

jacktrade51:

pb, I appreciate your contribution to the WGT forum but you are wrong on this.

We were automatically turned to red in ranked rounds in Flash whether we were playing single play, AS or match play.

If it was a practice round for any of the above, then not for the reasons you stated.

Maybe you were playing a lot of practice AS games.  I was not.  So I am right on this.  But ty for your support on the other points.

Tom.

I have not played practice rounds . Ever . I used unlimited play single player rounds . As my practice rounds .

And I know this is correct . As it is the features of this format that makes it so unique .

pdb1:

In unlimited play single player rounds . Both WGT ( default settings ) and CC ( tiered custom settings ) .

The ability to invite during a round was left on , on purpose . By WGT .

Because :

The round has " game completion turned off " . The only format with that . Giving the single player the option of restarting the round ( also the only format with the restart option ) .. 

And or accepting an invite . Without consequences . Not interrupting a MP round .

In the unlimited play single player round . Ending , quitting , exiting the round at anytime on any hole does not count against you . On your average or game completion .

That should stay the same if they ever figure it out .

Now on the subject of the alt shot having the auto busy . Now I am not sure . Memory fail .

If that is the case . Then probably all MP rounds were auto busy .

But definitely not unlimited play single player rounds. And still is played with invites on . Purposely .

• Yiannis1970
    2,742 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 11:20 PM

jacktrade51:

I confirm.

• bossbird
    1,670 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 11:31 PM

Nantre0:
    I a green on not getting invites while in a game. U can’t always decline with a message time to short !!! It causes bad blood between long standing and new friends!! I want all my avatars back plz. I’ve spent a lot of my own cr on avatars. I want all six avatars back...been waiting 5 months now. I can’t wash my clothes every night after golf...!!! And plz WGT can the females plz get better colours and choices !! Clothes that fit better and black pants for girl too !!! Thanks, I do hope I will get a good answer back!! Nanz Zealots

Fox wind L 1 , are black pants 

• kdownunder
    1,455 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 11:38 PM

Keep it up Tom ... I feel like we're gaining some sensible momentum on the issues:)

Kay

RSS