Forums

Help › Forums

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND UGLY OF WGT GOLF

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 13 2022 9:08 PM (5 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,023 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2021 8:01 AM

I may have learned more about myself while playing WGT golf than in any other part of my life’s experiences, and it ain’t exactly pretty.

Fairly early on, I guess I got bit by the WGT bug. The more I played, the better I got and the better I got, the more I played. At some point, it evolved from being a fun pastime into a far too important part of my everyday life. While I was discovering that I was actually pretty good at this game, I had growing aspirations of being able to compete with the “big guns”. Unbeknownst to me however was the fact that I didn’t have the smarts or skills to successfully compete at that level. So the good part of WGT golf that I had enjoyed was bringing  out the bad and ugly in me. I have earned a reputation of being somewhat fickled. I have bounced from club to club trying to find myself all-the-while frustrating club owners.

I recently made peace with myself. I accepted the fact that I was likely at the top of my game and I would do much better if I got my swelled head out of the clouds. Its there I believe I will find the good part of WGT golf I once enjoyed.

• MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2021 10:05 AM

Your post makes me think you were once a High Plains Drifter looking For A Few Dollars More. What happened when you got A Fist Full Of Dollars? All the owners said Hang’em High. You sir, were Unforgiven! So you Paint Your Wagon and like a Pale Rider, you come to us, The Beguiled. Quite a sad song there, Honkytonk Man. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2021 11:06 AM

This applies similarily to Real golf:

With each stroke, you may experience immediate truth about yourself.

Whatever you do, whatever you think, it comes back immediately. You think about failure, you fail. You see your chance and you succeed.

In analogy, you may experience yourself in this game.

Enjoy the trip!

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2021 12:34 PM

alosso:
    With each stroke, you may experience immediate truth about yourself.

No truer words have ever been written in here.......

Nicely done, both posts

• MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2022 4:20 PM

”In analogy, you may experience yourself in this game.

Enjoy the trip!”

What a long strange trip it’s been. 

RSS