Forums

Help › Forums

After 90 days plus on the app, I have questions...

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 7 2021 7:20 AM (2 replies)
  • TheCabJockey
    10 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 11:16 AM

I will preface with, I am a Lv 100 Legend. I've been playing 4-5 yrs. and I see things on the app that I never saw on flash. Most are while playing the "coin" games. 

1) My biggest gripe is WGT awards exp. pts. on the practice games which allows you to buy better equipment, but practice games don't advance your ranking. As a result, I've seen Lv 90 Tour Pros, Lv 102 Tour Masters, etc. These players have been playing as long or longer than I have, have the same or better equipment but I'm giving up big yardage to them. If exp. pts. is the criteria to buy equipment, it should also be used in where they tee off. The worst I encountered was playing the Lv. 102 TM on Congressional and on 1 hole I'm giving up 92 yds. to someone with a bigger driver than I have. I never see that in rated games. Also, how does one become a Lv 102 Legend with a 150 Avg?

2) Camera views are a constant source of irritation. Sometimes you have them, sometimes you don't. Kiawah is a great example. I forget the hole number but you often don't have a view of where your ball will land. Poke & hope I guess.

3) TopTracer Shot Data is an important tool to help refine your game. I don't understand why I've had to turn it back on after never turning it off. What irks me the most is that even when it works, it doesn't stay on long enough to really look at it. Why is that? Can it be fixed?

4) I never had a need before the app to contact support. Why does it take 2-4 days for a response? I had issues with the Glow in the Dark Showdown, but by the time I got a response the tour was complete.

The app does have a few features that I do like. Such as the approach grid on the greens and the tournaments. Still there are several inconsistencies in the game play, and the chat is a pain. I'd like to see the chat like it was, always visible. My thinking is that WGT has a long way to go to be comparable to the flash version.

P.S. Since I seldom post and this will be reviewed by the powers that be, take a moment and please respond.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 10:47 PM

This is a user forum, so there may not be many explanations available.

But, there's one thing I learned, approaching 10 years as a client of the game:

They are WGT, hope is futile!

Changes do happen, but only if the company decides to make them happen. Their revenue and other interests have priority to them, we cannot hold our breaths until our wishes come true, or our complaints may be heard. In my experience, this includes CS. I have yet to receive my first helpful reply from them.

IMHO, it's best to take the game as it is and decide to ourselves if it provides enough fun to continue, or not.

P.S. After 20 more posts, you may approach a mod to lift your "moderation" condition.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2021 7:20 AM

TheCabJockey:
    1) My biggest gripe is WGT awards exp. pts. on the practice games which allows you to buy better equipment, but practice games don't advance your ranking. As a result, I've seen Lv 90 Tour Pros, Lv 102 Tour Masters, etc. These players have been playing as long or longer than I have, have the same or better equipment but I'm giving up big yardage to them. If exp. pts. is the criteria to buy equipment, it should also be used in where they tee off. The worst I encountered was playing the Lv. 102 TM on Congressional and on 1 hole I'm giving up 92 yds. to someone with a bigger driver than I have. I never see that in rated games. Also, how does one become a Lv 102 Legend with a 150 Avg?

Here is some info as well as some truths when it comes to tiers and coin games.

there are systems in place to tier up and only play coin games. SO if you encounter a level 90 Tour Pro or a level 102 TM they aren't going to be very good. 

Also out of all the rooms. Only the cheapest 3 rooms (the bottom rooms) have tier specific tees. The top 7 rooms all have set tees regardless of tier.

a Legend should be in the bottom 3 rooms for at the most 2-3 weeks. And that's being overly generous on time. 

To progress in coin rooms play a room until you have 20x the bet of the room above you and then move up.

Building up then as soon as you have let's say 50k jumping into RIO is a recipe for never progressing. Everyone loses. You need cushion to jump up rooms.

And many of us have no sympathy for the person that says "please let me win this is all i have".  That person  put their self  in that position with poor choices.

RSS