Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeiture and quitting the game

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 10 2021 12:33 AM (43 replies)
  • Dynofine
    18 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 8:04 AM

Why do so many quit the game after one bad shot or forfeit on third hole when know they’re going to lose. I have this happen to me more than not and it’s frustrating and leaves bad taste in mouth. Most of the players doing this are the higher tier and low average players. So I’m guessing this helps your average some how, if so it needs to be fixed. My Dad and the service taught me to never quit, it’s bad and shouldn’t be rewarded. If indeed it’s rewarded should be changed now, a champion who forfeits and quits all the time? Nuts!

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 12:26 PM

Coin games have no effect on a player's average.

I'm guessing the majority of players who forfeit when they're behind do so in order to save ball hits and/or to save time during sponsorships.

Best thing to do is just accept the win (congratulations!) and move on to your next match.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 1:38 PM

Dynofine:
    I have this happen to me more than not and it’s frustrating and leaves bad taste in mouth.

Why is it frustrating? You won. In what way are you harmed?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 10:45 AM

Mythanatos:

Dynofine:
    I have this happen to me more than not and it’s frustrating and leaves bad taste in mouth.

Maybe some people play for reasons other than solely to get a win. Maybe they wish to enjoy some social interaction, maybe they hope to learn more about the game by watching their opponents, maybe all sorts of things. Maybe some people just find forfeiting rude and have an incomplete/unsatisfying experience when it happens to them.

It could be argued that staying out of the coin rooms is the best way to avoid such disappointment of course.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 1:10 PM

Wutpa:

Mythanatos:

Dynofine:

Maybe some people play for reasons other than solely to get a win. Maybe they wish to enjoy some social interaction, maybe they hope to learn more about the game by watching their opponents, maybe all sorts of things. Maybe some people just find forfeiting rude and have an incomplete/unsatisfying experience when it happens to them.

It could be argued that staying out of the coin rooms is the best way to avoid such disappointment of course.

Those are all me me me narcissistic reasons. Would the word concede be better? 

• ichott
    56 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 1:41 PM

Mythanatos:

doesn’t matter what the word is, the problem is it messes with the game, it can freeze for 10 minutes and you can’t do a damn thing unless you forfeit/concede yourself🤨

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 5:17 PM

Mythanatos:

Wutpa:

Mythanatos:

Dynofine:

Narcissistic? Sure, whatever. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 7:15 PM

Mythanatos:
    Would the word concede be better? 

Yes.  Much better.

• YouLostToALoser
    189 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 7:29 PM

Even when they ‘concede’ right when you make your final putt with 2 putts to win when it is obvious they would lose much earlier on 1 hole matches.

This wastes at least a couple of minutes on the 30 min sponsored matches. That’s when I find it to be melevelent. Forfeiting any other time doesn’t bother me at all.

RSS