Forums

Help › Forums

Mid-round ball expirations

Wed, Mar 31 2021 8:28 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GrayMouser
    6 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 11:51 AM

If my chosen golf ball expires mid-round and I have no more balls of that type to continue with them during play, why can I not be prompted to select from another sleeve I have already purchased and are sitting in my 'golf bag', as it were? Even further, why can I not buy another sleeve at that time?

If there is a way to do this, I have not found it. If there is not a way to do this, I would like to request consideration for this feature to be put into the game.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 7:05 PM

If a ball expires mid-round and you have no additional balls of that type, you will be prompted to purchase another sleeve. 

But you cannot switch balls mid-round. This is the way. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 7:20 PM

You can only buy additional balls of the one you are playing during a round IF you still have at least one. To do this click on the LH menu, Profile, Stats button for your ball and it will have the pitches button there.
    If you lose your last ball in Water or Out of Bounds you're 💩'd.
    If your last ball is about to expire (run out of hits) you will be prompted to buy more before you make your last hit.

As for the question of why it's this way? ... it's simple ... WGT is a business ... $$$
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 7:26 PM

And the thing to do is to check one's inventory before starting to play a round. If you only have 1 ball, it's probably a good idea to purchase a sleeve (unless the round doesn't mean anything). 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 9:39 PM

GrayMouser:
    why can I not be prompted to select from another sleeve I have already purchased and are sitting in my 'golf bag', as it were?
    One, you didn't purchase the balls (or anything else), but you purchased a (limited) license to use the items. This includes credits. See the T&Cs.

Two, the "other" balls aren't in your bag but in your inventory. Due to the Rule of Golf "No exchange of golf clubs during a round" our golf bags are locked through a round which includes the balls in this programmed environment. Starter balls and "more of the same" are exceptions.

Thus, we should consider the inventory to be "in our garage" rather than on the course - unavailable during a round.

GrayMouser:
    If there is not a way to do this, I would like to request consideration for this feature to be put into the game.
    Rather than that, you might want to use some consideration towards your round planning(?) If it's an important round, you better bring enough balls. If it's not that important, bite the bullet to buy some "from the cart girl" or use Starters or abort the round.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 5:40 AM

MarchieB:

You can only buy additional balls of the one you are playing during a round IF you still have at least one. To do this click on the LH menu, Profile, Stats button for your ball and it will have the pitches button there.
    If you lose your last ball in Water or Out of Bounds you're 💩'd.
    If your last ball is about to expire (run out of hits) you will be prompted to buy more before you make your last hit.

As for the question of why it's this way? ... it's simple ... WGT is a business ... $$

Actually you are prompted to buy a new sleeve as soon as you put your last ball into play.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 6:58 AM

borntobesting:
    Actually you are prompted to buy a new sleeve as soon as you put your last ball into play.

Yes. I was just referring more to the scenarios of when balls expire to zero as per the OP’s question. 
    The game will prompt you to buy more balls at both points, when you put your last ball into play and when it’s the last hit on your last ball.
    It is definitely wiser to buy more balls on the first prompt as if you lose your last ball out of bounds or in water you cannot buy more at that point and will be switched to the free balls automatically.  

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 7:44 AM

no real reason to be down to even the last 3 balls. carry more. I added it up the other day. I have over 200 golf balls. granted most are junk that i won't use.

But i do have 68 of the level 40 titlists ( i didn't buy any of them, can win them in veteran showdowns)  I use those in coin games. very similar to my main ball. 

26 of the level 81 taylor mades. ( my normal ball)

and 22 of a high end titlist i use here or there when the occasion requires it. 

Stock up on balls when get the tap in rewards.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 12:54 PM

MarchieB:

borntobesting:

Yes. I was just referring more to the scenarios of when balls expire to zero as per the OP’s question. 
    The game will prompt you to buy more balls at both points, when you put your last ball into play and when it’s the last hit on your last ball.
    It is definitely wiser to buy more balls on the first prompt as if you lose your last ball out of bounds or in water you cannot buy more at that point and will be switched to the free balls automatically.  

As far as the last sentence goes, that's not true. When the last ball goes into the drink, you get one last chance to purchase a new sleeve. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 1:20 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    As far as the last sentence goes, that's not true. When the last ball goes into the drink, you get one last chance to purchase a new sleeve. 

Apparently you are correct. I just wasted 20 credits to prove it out. 
    That is a new feature though as I’m almost positive that you couldn’t do that in the past.
    I guess WGT decided to add it as one last chance to collect some $$.  
    Kinda seems pointless to have all the other prompts to buy more balls then when you can buy more at any time via the LH menu??? 

• PAGES
RSS