Forums

Help › Forums

Delayed clash #147

Wed, Apr 7 2021 3:42 PM (22 replies)
  • ichott
    56 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2021 5:11 AM

Believe me jacktrade51 I have played plenty of clash in my former CC The Penalty Box, arguably the best (and absolutely the fairest) clash club in WGT.

I left because I did not want to let my team down because I could not spend more hours, hitting mindless ball after ball just to be able to say “we hit more mindless balls over more mindless hours than anyone else”

That is in no way discourteous to my many friends in TPB, just my view of what clash itself is, so better to move on and let someone else take my place, that’s only fair.

The current clash is unfair and pointless imho because we don’t play the same courses, the same number of times, with same no of players in the same conditions to be a reasonably fair club v club comp, it’s just a numbers game thrashing as fast as you can, so no, I just don’t get it!😉

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2021 7:57 AM

jacktrade51:
    So complaining about "current" format has no meaning unless you are talking about apparel.

While the other person can speak for themself, I think all he means is that the clash concept (in general) is not without meaning but as it is currently defined or played, it has no meaning.

The contrast being made is the particular with the general and not the present to anything in the past, which may or may not have been different. In other words, the clash event (as a general concept) is fine. But the clash as currently particularized lacks meaning. 

At least, that's what I understood him to be saying. 

• ichott
    56 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2021 8:56 AM

Robert1893, 100% correct, 😉 that is so correct.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2021 10:39 AM

Hahahahaha ! All I wanted to know is whether it was going to be played this week or next ! As usual no further help from WGT with info ! Won’t it be fun seeing if it will take place next week ...... oh look it will be Easter ! 

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 12:03 PM

Agree Bossbird , when will the next Clash take place ?

As far as the Prize structure goes, I posted 3 OR so years ago it needed a overhaul ! Even if they threw in some more balls or coins like they do in the Showdown would be an improvement! 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 12:36 PM

@ichott 

👍

• jimstinson67
    3,254 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 9:51 PM

Well said.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 10:42 PM

bossbird:
    Won’t it be fun seeing if it will take place next week ...... oh look it will be Easter ! 

I'm guessing that WGT's graphics design folks are working on the tee markers and flags even as we speak.  Possibilities as I see them:

• Easter eggs
    • Marshmallow peeps

or, my personal favorite:

• Chocolate bunnies with an ear bitten off

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 4:15 AM

With the April update being the first of the week I would say they will have the timer fixed and the clash will begin Thursday morning. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2021 11:11 AM

borntobesting:

With the April update being the first of the week I would say they will have the timer fixed and the clash will begin Thursday morning. 

See posting in announcements........ no clash this week !! 

RSS