Forums

Help › Forums

Delayed clash #147

Wed, Apr 7 2021 3:42 PM (22 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2021 11:55 AM

Please can someone confirm will this be played this week , or next , thankyou . 

• EdwardTLogan
    504 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2021 8:23 PM

Would be great to know, hopefully one of the mods will advise ASAP

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2021 10:14 AM

bossbird:

Yes   ...probably 

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2021 10:40 AM

Damn Brett you made me spit coffee! LOL

So accurate, so true

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2021 11:51 AM

BPeterson8256:

bossbird:

Yes   ...probably 

So helpful ! Where is a WGT rep. When you need one ! 

• ichott
    56 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2021 1:02 PM

It’s about time the clash concept was revisited, it’s just a mindless thrash with no purpose in its current format 🤔

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2021 1:03 PM

bossbird:
    So helpful ! Where is a WGT rep. When you need one ! 

Coffee break.☕☕☕

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 8:17 PM

ichott:
    It’s about time the clash concept was revisited, it’s just a mindless thrash with no purpose in its current format 🤔

1/3 of my club actually, including me, enjoys clashes.  We don't require it.  So those who do not enjoy it should not play it.

Also the clash format has not changed in at least 6 years, except "Apparel On" ... a change I do not agree with.  So complaining about "current" format has no meaning unless you are talking about apparel.

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 8:20 PM

As to this week's ... it seems obviously not.  There is no question the timer issue has to be fixed before WGT starts another clash.  I am not a programmer but I cannot understand why they cannot fix it.  After all, it was working for months in PCEA before someone broke it.

Tom.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2021 4:52 AM

jacktrade51:
    Also the clash format has not changed in at least 6 years, except "Apparel On" ... a change I do not agree with.  So complaining about "current" format has no meaning unless you are talking about apparel.

The Issue is and continues to be the Prize structure ....Like you say 6 years and NO change...

A 4th place finish is basically the same as a 50th place finish ...Where is the incentive for an average player to pound away for 48 hours burning up their balls (no pun intended) and maybe buying more CC passes than provided with zero to show for it other than the interest of seeing if your club can improve from event to event on the leaderboard ladder??? I personally don't care about prizes and DO  play pretty heavy just to see how far we can climb the leaderboard ..But as our club owner that IS my incentive.

Our club has just started awarding  in house prizes for top point (non super pass) earners in each tier ...Just to help reward members that do grind away each event..

I mean WGT can do something  maybe a special hat for teams 4th thru 15th ...A glove for 16th thru 25th?? (just throwin out Idea's)

Just a gesture.... Something for the masses who are not in clubs that force  you to clash or be banished !! Their incentive BTW ??...   Reach for The "Golden Calf" that 90% of them will never see anyway (SMH)

JD

RSS