Forums

Help › Forums

Beware

Tue, Mar 23 2021 5:03 PM (26 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2021 12:24 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    Well, inspite of the fact that the player in question was an idiot, the stuff you say he wrote was not racist. Unless I'm missing something and Canadians became a race of their own... Not gonna get into contemplating whether or not his assertions were valid in your case, given the fact you don't seem to understand the concept of racism ;-) 

Jure was that not unnecessarily rough? The concept of racism isn't that simple anymore and the meaning and/or usage of the word may have changed in places.

Race discrimination here covers Nationality and Ethnic Groups; Scots, English....... French Canadians for example.  The Oxford dictionary definition also includes Ethnic Groups. 

Wonder what wgt think, I can't search the person named in the first post.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2021 2:36 PM

DodgyPutter:

AnaNikolaj:
    Well, inspite of the fact that the player in question was an idiot, the stuff you say he wrote was not racist. Unless I'm missing something and Canadians became a race of their own... Not gonna get into contemplating whether or not his assertions were valid in your case, given the fact you don't seem to understand the concept of racism ;-) 

Jure was that not unnecessarily rough? The concept of racism isn't that simple anymore and the meaning and/or usage of the word may have changed in places.

Race discrimination here covers Nationality and Ethnic Groups; Scots, English....... French Canadians for example.  The Oxford dictionary definition also includes Ethnic Groups. 

Wonder what wgt think, I can't search the person named in the first post.

Wasn't necessary, but I was in a snide mood. I did put a smiley at the end though... 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2021 2:46 PM

@pdb1

Thanks for the comments and trophy. Much appreciated. ☺️

• Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2021 3:46 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

ct690911:

Bingo??....I'm sure he or she meant hockey...;)

ct

Hé Frank, dis-lui tout simplement va manger la marde, mon crisse de tabarnak! LMAO

Drette de même! Quand même moins pire que de se faire traiter de ''frog''.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2021 5:03 PM

Tabarnak777:
    Drette de même! Quand même moins pire que de se faire traiter de ''frog''.

Mets-en!

pdb1:
    We can speculate and assume .

FYI, it will give you a better translation if you replace the 'a' in the word marde with an 'e'. And the word tabar*** derives from tabernacle which also exists in English. These expressions mean nothing for French from the Metropole though. Truly religious folks expressing feelings in divine ways. 😁

RSS