Forums

Help › Forums

Have the Tier Progression Guidelines changed??

Sat, Mar 27 2021 12:31 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 4:36 AM

borntobesting:

alosso:

DodgyPutter:
    Do you actually mean you reported him?
    I did, too.

Might not have done it to a new second account - maybe an error. Alas, that low account (re-)activated after six years was suspicious enough without knowing the other one in detail.

You are correct, both accounts look harmless enough, but who knows what hides behind a "harmless" transgression(?)

It may also be a signal to more serious multis.

And who knows maybe the other 3 Pittdoc accounts are him too, Just look. One of them is Pittdoc2828 when one of the 2 that posted here is Pittdoc28. Suspicious to say the least, 

No alosso, it will not be a signal to more serious multis.  Serious multis win credits and do it by knowing and manipulating the game, here we have someone who wins nothing, didn't even know how tier progression works and posted under two accounts.  I don't see serious multis learning anything.

What hides behind this harmless transgression is nothing of consequence.  As I said he came to the forum complaining as his tier hadn't gone up, that's stupid for a multi.

It's said above (by one of the almost 30 Borntobe's)  "And who knows maybe the other 3 Pittdoc accounts are him too, Just look. One of them is Pittdoc2828 when one of the 2 that posted here is Pittdoc28. Suspicious to say the least,"   ironic if he was reported by one of the over 300, Topshelf's and Borntobe please note one of them is Topshelf20 ;-). 

All of the Pittdoc accounts mentioned are barely played on and are harmless.

I'm not actually arguing that he's not a multi, he is and personally I'd reckon the primary account isn't a Pittdoc one. 

There are many on here that play the game and with the system there is eventually get promoted to tees they just don't enjoy playing off (maybe they don't want to join a cc and play red tee or even know they can), so they start again.  These are the people you report and wgt ban mainly because they fall into your lap.  The ones stealing credits from other players are often fairly obvious too but much harder to catch so I suspect neither wgt nor people that report the harmless ones try.

Wgt have a rule that now this breech has been reported they will no doubt follow, all I'm saying is we don't have to push this process when it's clearly unjust.

alosso I address this last bit  to you and reopen old wounds as, even if this seems otherwise, I do respect your opinions and honestly this not out of malice. How does  "You are correct, both accounts look harmless enough, but who knows what hides behind a "harmless" transgression(?) stand with the whole "proof or lies" debate?  

The idea of some account belonging to this person doing anything harmful to anyone seems extremely unlikely to to me.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 5:30 AM

While another Pittdog2828 looks conspicious but harmless, my question "who knows...?" cannot be a lie - it's but a question.

Most probably, I wouldn't have reported the pair Pittdoc28 - Pittdoc, but it can't be undone.

And, as of now, all three of them are searchable = untouched.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 6:59 AM

alosso:
    While another Pittdog2828 looks conspicious but harmless, my question "who knows...?" cannot be a lie - it's but a question.

I don't know if you're being disingenuous or forgetful.   but who knows what hides behind a "harmless" transgression(?).  What was said about Tasor, in particular, was there were many things he did that lots of us didn't think were possible to do honestly.  The "proof or lie" was saying that as we couldn't absolutely prove what he was doing then we were lying. 

Who knows what hides behind ......... is perhaps a question (I actually thought the ? in brackets meant you were questioning whether there was a transgression) but it's one loaded with innuendo and you have no proof there's anything more sinister going on.  Indeed it's not even likely in this case.

Anyway it's obviously up to each individual, if  anyone wants to report harmless multi's then they will. I'm saying it's the person reporting that's deciding they should be banned simply for not enjoying the game from longer tees and they should accept that.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 8:11 AM

(Tasor)

DodgyPutter:
    The "proof or lie" was saying that as we couldn't absolutely prove what he was doing then we were lying. 
    Not quite: They could absolutely not prove what they said, and THAT I called lies.

In my report , I named the bogus Master claim "Conspicious...", not knowing the second account. Also, "who knows" points to a conspicion without ever claiming a fact. Maybe you see that in my words but it ain't in them.

Anyway, two or three accounts of one player are against the rules, harmless or not.

I'm gonna stop this argument here after saying that IMO you are in nowhere any similar position against me than I was then against "them". (Don't remember how intensively you were involved).

EOD

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 8:26 AM

I completely agree with Alan on the Pitt being completely harmless to any other player, whether he has 1 account or 200 of them. In theory, he could be harmful to WGT, if he used those account to get the video credits, so he wouldn't need to buy them (or possibly selling them). But only in theory, I just don't see him doing that.

As far as the old issue is concerned, I think the majority would agree there was a whole lot of suspicion and WGT, most likely unable to prove any wrong doing, shut those accounts to prevent the whole house burning down. Whether that was the right thing to do can certainly be debatable, but it proved as positive for WGT (imo) as there seemed to be much less disgruntled players after that. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 10:04 AM

alosso, I don't exactly agree about the old stuff but I too am finished. I only brought it up as a comparison.

AnaNikolaj:
    In theory, he could be harmful to WGT, if he used those account to get the video credits, so he wouldn't need to buy them (or possibly selling them). But only in theory, I just don't see him doing that.

Jure I don't even see that as being the case and agree he's not doing it anyway.  We do a task for wgt (watch adverts) and get paid 2c  a time for doing so, presumably wgt get enough real money from the advertisers to make this worth their while.  That makes it the same as buying credits with money, doing that then selling them on would hardly harm wgt.

There are people that, very kindly, gift balls and equipment and that could be seen as harmful to wgt.  I don't actually think it is as it probably encourages the recipients to keep playing and buy stuff themselves later when without the gift(s) they may have got frustrated and stopped playing.

Again all I was trying to say with this was before reporting someone maybe think about if they deserve to be banned. I know there's a rule but that rule, I hope, isn't meant primarily for this sort of case.  Not all laws/rules are fair in all cases, ask the one armed piano player in Iowa.

• PittDoc28
    6 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 1:06 AM

Had no clue I originally signed up and had an existing account. When I signed up to play recently, I just assumed the username I wanted was taken by someone else.
    Not sure how you can use a 2nd account to your advantage (and frankly, don’t care) but there hasn’t been a round played on that original account in over 5 yrs.

I contacted customer service to delete the old account so hopefully y’all can get some sleep now. 

• PittDoc28
    6 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 2:27 AM

I recently opened and played under the PittDoc28 account not even remembering I had an old account from 6 years ago. When I recently signed up, it said PittDoc was taken so I just thought someone else already had that name. 

Up until 2 days ago, I never knew the old account still existed. No one logged in to that account, no rounds have been played or activity of any kind has occurred in the last 5+ years.  

You people need to get a life. 

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 12:31 PM

• PAGES
RSS