Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeiting At the End of a Round

Wed, Apr 7 2021 3:35 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pdb1
    21,525 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 12:01 PM

Yes the similarities to real life are astonishing . From the pictography and the beautiful courses . To the feel of the swing . The wind . Club selection . Your favorite balls .

That little tiny adjustment on the spin that you know made that 173 yarder drop right in the hole . Knowing you could do it again . Sometime . And you usually do eventually .

Recreational , entertaining , socially enjoyable alt shot rounds . Tight lipped silent ones too . Lol . Cat got their tongue .

Hard fought multiplayer Stroke play rounds . With 2 , 3 , 4 players of your peers . You may know all of them or none of them . So competitively challenging and fun . From joking around to learning about new cultures . Some light banter to full on insults . They can be so fun .

Meeting players from dozens of countries around the world . Learning and sharing . Rich and rare opportunities to be cherished for a lifetime .

Outstanding personalities that without this . We would never have been fortunate to experience .

People/players/members that live this and relate to all this and more . Are the lucky majority . And most likely to appreciate what I speak about .

Also more likely to be polite , good sports , humane , reasonable , accepting . And familiar with all the good and bad that is part of the game .

This positive experience is unique . And possible because of the people/players/members of the WGT Universe . That many years ago saw and appreciated and understood the potential of what these creators of this online virtual golf game WGT.com . Flash version at the time . PC version . With all the bells and whistles .

Mega formats , Country Clubs , Open discussion forums . All of which took off and pushed unimaginable boundaries . Raised the bars . Became this WGT Universe .

This is what I have seen in my time here .

There is another world here . The Mobile version that started about 10 years ago .

Many in that world . Never knew about any of what is mentioned above . No efforts were made to encourage the players in that format to learn about the real WGT.com .

No prompts to familiarize them with the system of ranking and tiering and averages .

No mention of the GR8 open forums . Or the incredible multiplayer possibilities . .Because that version didn't offer what the PC version had in abundance . So no measures were taken to inform the mobile world .

That was very bad planning and marketing .

Now that our precious Flash version has been taken away .

The plan for the game is to integrate the incredible features of the Flash version into what is possible into the new game format .

Not an easy task .

Now what to do with the masses ? The ever spoiled and entitled virtual online WGT ex flashers that we are .

And what and who are these aliens ? Who know nothing about the real WGT . They seemed to have learned with a completely different manual . Do they even have agenda's ?

They must . They are very good . XLNT in most cases . They have obviously played a considerable amount .

But where are their scores ? Why are they mid level tiers ? With high averages ?

How did they get such GR8 equipment ? Why does the next guy at the same level still have starters ?

Why do they not want to chat ? How long have they been playing ? How did they get so good ?

How can we bridge this gap with this new/old ? species ?

WTF is going on ?

Right ?

Let's fix this .

NEW PICS UPLOAD Skull_11

• pdb1
    21,525 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 3:35 PM

BTW

astro99:

Good 1st Post . Took you long enough .

Welcome to the forums .

CONGRATS .

Dynofine:

I agree wholeheartedly 

NEW PICS UPLOAD Skull_10

• pdb1
    21,525 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 6:20 PM

alosso:
    A quitted round doesn't count to anything (except for a few XPs). Win or loss of a MP stroke play round won't be recorded anywhere outside the round itself.

So not true . Those are dangerous MP rounds . That count whether one is saturated or not . In every way . Unless one is saturated . Then only rounds below their average counts . But will be charged for the incomplete round in their game completion % .

More likely the player may not be saturated . Best not to assume . In that case . The round does count . and will add to the players average .

As it will also count against the players game completion % .

It seems that from what I remember when encountering individuals quitting at the end . That they were misinformed . Thinking they were helping themselves . More often not . And learned the hard way .

Again . As players are tiering up . One cannot assume they are saturated . Or that they will not be for long . As they will soon tier up . and not be saturated again for sometimes longer than they would like .

• BillyJacklin
    2 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2021 12:16 AM

It is extremely poor sports(game)manship to forfeit. WGT has done an excellent job of replicating the beautiful game of golf of which prides itself in etiquette. I wonder if some of these 'quitters' have actually played the 'real' game (my guess is not). In fact, I wonder why WGT have even provided an option. If you commit to a game, you should do the honorable gesture of completing or face a consequence. IE loss of credits, double coins in coins (games), but even better reputation. One could then choose to reject a game against a player with a poor reputation as in past versions of WGT, in fact I wonder why WGT removed this. 

You could see a players reputation (not there stats etc) before excepting ta challenge.

• pdb1
    21,525 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2021 3:35 PM

BillyJacklin:

It is extremely poor sports(game)manship to forfeit. WGT has done an excellent job of replicating the beautiful game of golf of which prides itself in etiquette. I wonder if some of these 'quitters' have actually played the 'real' game (my guess is not). In fact, I wonder why WGT have even provided an option. If you commit to a game, you should do the honorable gesture of completing or face a consequence. IE loss of credits, double coins in coins (games), but even better reputation. One could then choose to reject a game against a player with a poor reputation as in past versions of WGT, in fact I wonder why WGT removed this. 

You could see a players reputation (not there stats etc) before excepting ta challenge.

I'm sorry sir . but that is just too serious of a position to take . This is an entertaining , sporting , social , challenging environment . That has much variety and choices . To held with such strict and hard conviction .

It is just a game . There are so many people , events and circumstances in peoples lives . That over rule anything and everything about this game .

The first being myself . Free to play or not . To not be bound by this game or anyone telling me that I must do this or that . The rest is just no brainers . My wife , my kids , my job , my health , my pets , my friends , etc . And a million other things that would have me click that game off in an Arizona second . And not feel the need to explain it to anyone .

Fortunately . Those scenarios haven't happened . But forfeiting is not anything to give any thought to . Unless it causes you to lose something too precious for you to let go of .

Sir . I have probably had people forfeit in 10,000 or more rounds on me . Literally . I can tell you that it is no big deal . Don't give it another thought .

You probably read where I say that in 2007 when the game was introduced . WGT had shown at least some foresight with as specific of a game menu they had . ( with Flash ) . One of the smart things included on the menu was the forfeit button . Already knowing that forfeiting would be a part of the game . Not a crime . Not questionable . Not punishable . But I do not encourage it . Or practice it . I am just aware that it occurs more times a day . Than you have hairs on your head . So I'm not going to sweat it .

• Mythanatos
    1,845 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2021 7:19 AM

BillyJacklin:

You don't know much about golf do you? You speak of replicating and yet have no grasp of reality.

golf allows conceding a game and also a hole when the win is impossible. 

• PAGES
RSS