Forums

Help › Forums

Showdown bug Error code:1072 - hitting 'Cancel' works

Tue, Mar 16 2021 10:57 PM (3 replies)
  • Ishimi31
    19 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2021 8:21 PM

Greetings --

When coming across this specific error code while playing a Showdown match, it's okay to select the 'Cancel' option when prompted. You will have to wait ~80-85 seconds (instead of the usual 45) for the shot timer running in the background to expire. At that point the standard warning will flash, you'll be charged a timeout and then be allowed to resume your current match - there's no need to select the 'Retry' option and/or hard-close the app to restart the match (which particularly helps when you have good scores already posted).  :)

I know this doesn't fix all the frustrations around this event, but it definitely helps for this specific occurrence (has been successful for me since the middle of last year when I read in the Forums the 'Cancel' option was indeed a valid option once again).

https://youtu.be/NP3ZjpVeR8I

Take care.

Gavin

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 9:00 AM

interesting.

have you done this more than that one time?

in past if i hit cancel it booted me out of the game. 

could be more than one error code? i haven't read the numbers to be honest.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 9:33 AM

• Ishimi31
    19 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 10:57 PM

I'd say it has worked the past 4-5 times for this specific error code/circumstance (including my only win in the Expert division via the Overstuffed Showdown on the final hole in the 2nd to last match) . I think I came across a Forum topic back in the middle of last year to where it was noted that the 'Cancel' option was a viable one once again, so I took a chance and it's been working ever since.

https://youtu.be/9p1H7ln50OQ

I too was extremely irritated repeatedly hitting the 'Retry' option, having nothing happen, subsequently getting credited for three bogeys for the match and then having to request WGT to refund my entry fee rather than me having the opportunity to earn it back. Thankfully now that's no longer needed.

And like I stated originally, there are still other frustrations within this event, but this specific one seems to have an easy fix of just some extended patience (and making sure you still have that timeout to use).  :)

RSS