Forums

Help › Forums

Glitch in showdown

Mon, Aug 30 2021 9:10 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • julplant
    203 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2021 11:28 PM

I was playing vs a guy called Roooo or something when he did time out and got forfeited.

Impact was on me, and got 3 holes with a bogey, on each one of them. 

and Showdown showed me playing 15 holes, while I just played 12...

Anyone being robbed like that too?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 12:44 AM

Oh my...Another victim...

Yes, Jules. It's a time-honoured tradition, I mean a bug with a long history. Use SEARCH on the right side and you'll find tons of related threads.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 6:27 AM

Or just don't play Showdown its that easy 

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 10:51 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Oh my...Another victim...

Yes, Jules. It's a time-honoured tradition, I mean a bug with a long history. Use SEARCH on the right side and you'll find tons of related threads.

Happened to me 3x the last showdown.  I still made top 50 and it didn't affect me.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 1:47 PM

pmm711:
    Happened to me 3x the last showdown.  I still made top 50 and it didn't affect me.

You might be lucky this time, Paul but I agree to what Tigerpaw said, the best is boycott it, not play it at all. As long as people keep on playing it, WGT will think it's okay and they'll do nothing about it.

It's shocking for me to see WGT showing this kind of bad irresponsible business ethics. They should've replied at least something like "Sorry about the problem, guys. We're well aware of it and trying to fix it ASAP." but nope, nothing, nada, niente from them so far. Quite unbelievable.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 2:13 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    They should've replied at least something like "Sorry about the problem, guys. We're well aware of it and trying to fix it ASAP." but nope, nothing, nada, niente from them so far. Quite unbelievable.

Actually, back in October when the bogey glitch was first reported, Champion had commented in one of the many threads that

WGTChampion:
    We're looking further into it

He also added that if you encounter this issue, and contact WGT, you will be refunded your entry fees unless I am mistaken.

Don

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 2:53 PM

TopShelf2010:
    Actually, back in October when the bogey glitch was first reported, Champion had commented in one of the many threads that

Oh, had he? Totally missed it... My mistake then. I'm sorry and I take it back. Thanks for the correction, Don.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 3:24 PM

TopShelf2010:

WGTChampion:
    We're looking further into it

And October 2019 was how many months ago?  And they still haven't fixed the bug?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 4:23 PM

SamSpayed:
    And October 2019 was how many months ago?

The important thing is Champ actually wrote something about it. I completely forgot he'd done that... But then, you're right, Sam. It's taking way too long.

This simply shows how well teams & departments cooperate and collaborate one another in the house. Looks like each has different priorities, goals and concerns. Not everyone rowing to the same direction...

I believe the company has an excellent CS team. But the dev team?!... Sorry but I really have to question their abilities. I'm certain their coding is nothing but a filthy quilt by now nobody knows what's gonna happen even with a tiny touch on it. Every update has been a perfect example of it.

What they should do is they should tackle and resolve all the issues ruining the game right now before launching, adding or introducing anything new. They should also recode their programming lines, binding old and new, removing bad, obsolete & conflicting ones, ultimately making it understandable for people who are working now, systematizing it. Sure it will take time, efforts and of course, money but that's a commitment a company should show if they wish to (re)gain the users' trust.

But then... as someone says it all the time, it's WGT and hope is futile. :-/

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 5:37 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    What they should do is they should tackle and resolve all the issues ruining the game right now before launching, adding or introducing anything new.

Agreed.  The Showdown Bogey issue was reported to them over 17 months ago.  I'm going to repeat that so it sinks in for people.  17 months.  And still no fix.  And it's been an issue with every single Showdown they've had since then.

I was in the IT industry for over 30 years.  I've never seen a software bug that went for 17 months without a fix. 

To me, this shows that WGT either doesn't have the talent to fix their bugs, or they just don't care.  I'm guessing it's both.

• PAGES
RSS