Adding photos to profile blog

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 17 2021 3:27 AM (31 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 3:10 PM

SamSpayed:

bossbird:
    I am not talking about changing my profile picture . I am trying to learn how to post items onto my profile blog . Thanks for trying .

Hi Lesley, let me see if I can walk you through it.

1.  Go to your Profile page and hit New Blog Post

2.  Type in the title you want, then hit the Insert Media button (red circle)

3.  Put the URL of the image (in this case, https://i.ibb.co/wBGjMZG/48-CD53-B9-C807-4-DCB-B109-BDE97996-BB7-F.png) into the Media URL.  Then hit Insert.

4.  Then hit Publish.

Does that work for you?

btw... Congrats on that scorecard and HIO!

Ok , I followed everything you said , pressed publish and nothing happened ! Before I pressed publish I pressed insert and a small empty square box came into the blog, but when I pressed publish ... nothing . 
    I guess it must be me !
    thanks for the kind words about the scorecard , I wasn’t intending to make it available on here ! Only for my records on my profile . Lol 

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 3:22 PM

Did you delete the blog post after it appeared to have nothing in it.

Could you try it again and leave it posted, there may be some code there that I could take a look at to get a clue as to what might be going wrong.

P.S. Your profile activity doesn't show any record of you posting any blogs, that's odd.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 3:50 PM

Nothing actually posted , I haven’t deleted anything .

ok I then went in to say a new blog test post , which did come up , this is the first time I have ever tried to post a blog. 
    then I typed in the long code again , and I see it now says in no image , but at least this has posted , it didn’t do anything last time .
    lesley  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 4:01 PM

It’s midnight here now , so I won’t be back on for a few hours . Sorry this is taking a lot of your time . It would be easier , if I just screen shot stuff and keep in photos which is what I have been doing . Thanks everyone for your help , Lesley

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 4:06 PM

bossbird:
    Ok , I followed everything you said , pressed publish and nothing happened ! Before I pressed publish I pressed insert and a small empty square box came into the blog, but when I pressed publish ... nothing . 
    I guess it must be me !

Two things to check:  

1.  In the Insert Media dialog box, when you paste the URL, make sure it is the complete URL (it should end in .png).

2.  The "Insert" you push is the Insert button in the Insert Media dialog box.  

If this is exactly what you did, then I think maybe it only works if you do it on a PC browser and not a mobile browser.  I don't have an iPad so I can't test doing it that way.  But I did try doing it here on my Windows PC and it worked fine.

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2021 4:14 PM

You'll see this tomorrow Lesley, but you've made a typo in the image URL in your second blog post. The first 'W' should be lowercase.

Typing in URLs manually is a bad idea, too easy to make typos. Copy and paste if you can.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 12:09 AM

Hi Scott , I have typed it very carefully once again , and it’s still saying image not found. 

thanks to you , Sam and marchie , for all your efforts , but it’s really not worth spending any more time on , I don’t know if it’s me or because it’s mobile , but either way , all your efforts are much appreciated.

Lesley 

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 1:42 AM

Well Lesley, the problem is still the same, that uppercase 'W'.

VIDEO

I can only suggest that you dig out your iPad user manual and read up on copy and pasting. It'll save you a whole lot of heartache and frustration, especially when it comes to URLs. Nobody expects you to type out one of those manually.

You can master it Lesley, and you'll be delighted when you do. ; )

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 2:34 AM

Hi Scott , I re entered it again and saw what was happening , every time I put the / into the post it went back and changed the small case w to capital , so once I realised that I went back and changed to small case and now it is on my file. Thank you for all your efforts , I think you are right I need some more iPad/ computer knowledge , will check how to copy and paste . Kind regards Lesley 

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 2:41 AM

Okay Lesley, good job and thank you.  ; )

RSS