Forums

Help › Forums

Adding photos to profile blog

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 17 2021 3:27 AM (31 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 4:49 AM

I only use iPad , does anyone using an iPad know how to add a photo onto our personal profile blog , or indeed onto these forums ? I am not very clued up with technical stuff so if anyone can help , please make it simple for me to follow. Thanks 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 7:22 AM

I don't have an iPad Lesley, but I might be able to assist.

If the image you want to post is already on a webpage somewhere, just do a long touch (couple of seconds) on the image then release. On the menu that appears you should see copy image or something similar, touch on that. Then in WGT's message editor, do a long touch again then release. From the menu that appears, touch paste and your image should appear in the message editor.

iPad users please correct me if I am wrong
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 9:04 AM

Hello Scott , I told you I was a technical incompetent! Where will I find WGT message editor? Please , Lesley

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 9:29 AM

It's what you type in when you compose your message.  : )

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 9:34 AM

You need to host (upload) them on an online site first. You cannot just cut and paste them into your Blog or Forum posts.

This is the free site I use.  Imgbb.com

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 10:43 AM

MarchieB:

You need to host (upload) them on an online site first. You cannot just cut and paste them into your Blog or Forum posts.

This is the free site I use.  Imgbb.com

Marchie , thanks , is this an app or a website that I can use on the iPad ?

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 12:25 PM

bossbird:
    Marchie , thanks , is this an app or a website that I can use on the iPad ?

BossB it's a website that you can access on your Ipad through Safari or a regular browser on a PC.

• You upload the picture you want to use on the Igmbb.com page.
    • Once it's uploaded find the picture in your folder on the site and there will be an icon or box that says "Embed Codes".
    • From the drop down menu select Direct links and copy the URL (https:/ location of the image)
    • Then when you are creating or editing a post on this site (WGT.com) put your cursor where you want the image
    • Click on the a little filmstrip icon in the top menu bar that says "Insert Media"
    • Paste the URL that you copied into the "Media Url" box
    • Chose a width for the image. 450 is about the max that works well with this forum. put a smaller number to shrink the image. Then click insert.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 2:24 PM

Thanks marchie , is it also possible to use photos that I have taken , that are currently in my photos on iPad ? 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 10:09 PM

BossB, yes. What I have described above is for taking pics from your iPads photo library and uploading them to a host server to link them into your posts. 
    If an image is already on a web page you do not need to upload it, all you need to do is click on it and hold for a sec. Then chose share, chose mail. This will show you the image’s URL. copy this and paste that into the URL box. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2021 5:57 AM

Marchie , thank you so much , will give it a go ! Lesley

RSS