Forums

Help › Forums

Safari showdown

Mon, Mar 15 2021 6:56 PM (29 replies)
  • carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 10:55 PM

Like Mythanatos mentioned "Don't click Cancel" is the best way to avoid & i had done it in the past n worked most times.

Having said that, there are & were scenarios when all the tricks failed/fail. Now this will cost the game but if u message the CS, they will refund the entry fees which is fair n unfair too because u might prolly had a chance to win the showdown. So there's that.

Personally, I do not play the showdown anymore until they fix it and iam fine with it :) :)

A quick deviation n a suggestion: I also would like see a counter with "500 CR" as the entry fee. TBH, 100 CR is bit low & to 1000 CR jump is bit extreme.

Last but not the least, I agree with Bossbird's perspective of voicing the issue over n over. The more silence = great ignorance. One day WGT will get sick of the issue being highlighted and they will fix it. But Iam not holding my breath :) 

Have a great day all

- Carl 

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 11:18 PM

Hope its not only bug here on WGT lol

• jenwren
    2,664 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 12:24 AM

First game this morning the player quit and I just waited and continued to play.  No problems for me. 

jenwren

• FEDMOON
    1,023 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 12:48 AM

This is just my second showdown. 

I've never seen the error before, but apparently that's my fault and I should trawl through the forums every tie I play a long established event just to make sure that there are no bugs...?

My opponent quit before we even began the first hole on my first round. The game continued as I expected it would, and I shot -1. Are you saying that equated to +2 after 6 because my opponent quit? So what was I supposed to do? If I'd quit surely I would have run a clear risk of going +6 after 6 without actually playing a hole...?

And this is a long standing issue - that WGT know about - but we shouldn't complain?

Naturally not going to play another showdown now even if they claim to have fixed it - but the attitude of complaining about people raising an issue that they personally haven't seen before surprises me. Are some of you guys after jobs in customer service?

Actually - is WGT just a clever racket to try and employ a lot of people in CS positions...it's all starting to make sense...

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 12:57 AM

Luckystar5:
    How about the best way there is................just quit playing it, til they fix it !!!!!!!!!!! Fastest way to get their attention, is to hit them where it hurts, the pocket book!!!!!!

Exactly! As I pointed it out earlier, now it's players' fault as well as WGT's since they just keep on playing it over and over and over stupidly (I put a strikethrough on this word but it doesn't show up so you gotta fix this too, WGT) blindly although the problem persists. 

I just can't believe WGT goes mute, ignores players' reports & complaints on this and continues to host the Showdown event without fixing this issue associated with it.

Not long ago, I asked it myself AGAIN here but WGT gave no response... as usual.

Yeah, it's nice to hear you're updating this apparel item and adding that equipment and golf course, yadi yada... but c'mon WGT, you gotta listen to people playing your game. Apparently, you don't and that's a bad sign for a business.

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 1:33 AM

I just entered the showdown,

Found an opponent - waited 2.30mins for the course to load.

Got to the 1st tee - message flashes on screen - PAUSED WHILE RECONNECTING

The tee box disappears - another message flashes - SAVED GAME LOST.

Then the main screen comes up & then it diverts to the showdown leaderboard were it shows me at +3 without even getting to the tee!

It's a crud bug, that's for sure!

Waz.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 3:05 AM

Me, 95 level master...when i am playing that safari showdown. What was the reason why I am have to play with legends and champions at rookie categorie?

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 6:40 AM

bossbird:

I was stuck with the revolving circle unable to move on . So I opened my mini iPad , and hoped to see the game come up as a saved game it didn’t , it wasn’t there . So I had no option. I closed my iPad that I had been playing on , and I was awarded the bogey. 

If they close the game without hitting forfeit you will get the revolving circle. So far this has happened at least a dozen times to me throughout all the showdowns.

the solution is to just wait. it takes about 60-90 seconds for the game to realize they aren't there. then it registers a forfeit. Then you can continue. I have yet to  be given bogeys when someone has closed the game on me. 

Also unrelated top the above scenario but this is important.

play as hidden when playing showdowns. If you get an invite from a friend and you don't see it and decline it WGT will forfeit you out of your current game.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 9:29 AM

Tepi62Ka:

Me, 95 level master...when i am playing that safari showdown. What was the reason why I am have to play with legends and champions at rookie categorie?

Unless I am mistaken, the categories you speak of are not based on Tiers. Long story short they are based on the Entry Fees.

This has been a topic of discussion for quite some time.

Don

• TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 10:22 AM

Still yet to enter a single one of these and not going anywhere nr it til they sort it.
    If they even can, which tbh looks increasingly less likely given how long it’s gone on now....

As a concept the Showdowns look great, and I for one would enter every one going if could trust it. But, slogging away, spending time and credits to give it a proper go, only to have all that undone by some bug? No way 

Moreover the absolute lack of any comment whatsoever by WGT staff in the face of all these complaints is frankly shocking. It borders on complete disdain for their paying customers with how they continue to roll ‘em out month after month with nothing done to seemingly address these issues.

Pretty lamentable, all of it 😔 

RSS