Help › Forums

Clash #146 - BasketBrawl

Sat, Mar 6 2021 6:27 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlaskanDame
    18,956 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2021 4:54 PM

Join the madness, indeed!

I hope the shot clock at March Madness goes better for the hoopsters than the clock for the Clash rounds is going.

Bunch of wasted passes.  Yes, there are work arounds, but not every one checks the club forum or their email before they click on that Clash button.  

Anyway, heavy wind and tourney 12 greens. . . it’s a real slog, esp at St. Andrews.  I’m still picking burrs outta my stockings from that first round.  I like wind, but man those narrow fairways and a side wind of 30 and the inaccurate aiming of the iPad......make for some fescue rescue times, even for me.  Aiming on Flash was much more reliable. 

Then, Merion and Olympic twice.

What’s the fourth course, eh?   

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2021 5:20 PM

AlaskanDame:
    What’s the fourth course, eh?

Beth F9.

I, and most all of us I'm sure, can deal with the problem. What annoys the living sheet out of me is that WGT does not even come out and acknowledge it, apologize for it, say oops for it, say we're working on it, etc. If not for a mod's answer to Sting's private message we would not even know it's unfixable for the duration.

• AlaskanDame
    18,956 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2021 5:55 PM

twinponds169:
    Beth F9.
    Thanks, TP.  And I agree about the other paragraph, too.  Also, in “results,” do you see that the club that lost shows as “leading?”  Talk about shoddy.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2021 12:22 AM

One at St. Andrews , which I quite like in the hurricane , but Merion and Olympic , no fun for me , haven’t seen the fourth course. I won’t and am not playing so much , it’s supposed to be enjoyable and it isn’t ! 

• fanozio
    247 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2021 11:28 AM

PLAYING IN CLASHES HAS LOST MY INTEREST COMPLETELY! THE ONLY REASON

FOR BRUTAL WINDS ON COURSE'S IS THE LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY WGT

MAKES OFF THE SELLING OF BALLS! 

Until members wise up to this tactic & stop playing in these money makers, they will 

continue with this practice! WAKE UP GUYS & GALS!

fanozio, director LLC2

• AlaskanDame
    18,956 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2021 12:23 PM

There should be an award this time for highest % in the fairway.  Forget GIR for Olympic.

Haven’t seen Bethpage yet, and we only have two more rounds to go.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2021 2:27 PM

We haven’t seen bethpage either ! Olympic and Merion are horrible , don’t mind St. Andrews apart from the 17 th , note to self make a custom tourney with 17 th as first hole and keep practicing ! I really can’t keep on the fairway from the tee , in this wind . 

• Rick6208
    2,135 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2021 7:26 AM

Could not agree more with the postings above !!! This Club Clash Event was a disaster! Wasted Club Passes because of the Missing Shot Clock, Lost balls because of the Conditions used !

Oh and by the way , where are the 2021 YEARLY TEE MARKERS ??? 

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2021 9:28 AM

bossbird:
    note to self make a custom tourney with 17 th as first hole and keep practicing ! I really can’t keep on the fairway from the tee

A method I've been trying for the Road Hole in any wind (and a couple of others) is to work backwards. In other words instead of putting the aimer where I want to go and working out the shot to get there I calculate the distance a full driver will go. Then swing the aimer in an arc at that distance to choose an aiming point to allow the wind to move the ball into the fairway. Give it a try.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2021 9:42 AM

Yep, was sure a good thing for some golfers and their Clubs, and a finish in the top 100 to round it all out. 

Sorry to all the others that refused to play because of a missing clock.

I just put the timer on my phone and as a result played 10 Clash rounds and never lost one pass over the 48 hours. Yes I thought it was dumb that a clock was overlooked.

But...after a bit of whining... 

Thanks for the Basketball Tee markers! Awesome. 

wedge

• PAGES
RSS