Forums

Help › Forums

Rentals

Tue, Mar 2 2021 4:48 AM (5 replies)
  • MarkSymons0
    1 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 1:49 PM

My friend can’t beat me so only plays me with rentals where the level is way above our owned clubs. Shame, ruins our matches! 

• jacktrade51
    10,882 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 7:24 PM

That makes no sense.  Whether free or paid rentals, one cannot rent clubs above one's level.

Tom.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 9:21 PM

MarkSymons0:

My friend can’t beat me so only plays me with rentals where the level is way above our owned clubs. Shame, ruins our matches! 

Pretty sure you should be talking to him about it... 

• SamSpayed
    4,888 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 11:43 PM

MarkSymons0:

I feel for you, Mark.  It always amazes me the depths to which some players will sink.  Time and time again, I've seen players rent (and even purchase) higher level clubs and balls in order to try to win more and improve their scores.  In fact, WGT even seems to encourage this nefarious practice by periodically offering free rentals and discounts on purchases 😡

Unfortunately, I can't really offer any good advice to you, other than to practice more so that you can maintain your dominance in your matches with your friend.  Good luck!

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 2:51 AM

MarkSymons0:
    plays me with rentals where the level is way above our owned clubs.
    If only he'd buy them - then they'd be exactly fitting to his clubs' levels.

In all fairness, constantly renting clubs looks like an expensive tactic.

• jacktrade51
    10,882 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 4:48 AM

Couple of comments here (noting that I am out of the club renting/buying situation):

1.  At least in Flash, it was impossible to rent clubs higher than one's level entitles one to buy.  (For example, if one is less than level 102, one could not rent the TS3 driver.

2.  I agree with Sam's comment.  There is no point in renting or buying clubs better than one's actual skill.  WGT has made some very expensive clubs and balls available to players at level 0 at a higher cost for comparable equipment that can be bought later, but a WGT beginner is wasting his/her money.  They will will have no idea what to do with them.

3.  I have not learned how one progress through tiers strictly playing coin games but I did play a coin game against a TL with a 150.00 average last week.  She had top equipment and could out-drive me, but couldn't hit a fairway off the tee or GIR.  Go figure.  To play in this game successfully, one needs to learn the entire game.

Tom.

RSS