Forums

Help › Forums

This app is totally rigged, prove me wrong.

Thu, Sep 14 2023 6:21 PM (43 replies)
  • Ihatethisapptoo
    12 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 9:13 PM

Waiting for replies.................

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 7:44 AM

*This game is rigged* sounds like that meme *Change My Mind*

Sounds like a contest to me..............

Kerfuffle?

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 8:02 AM

Ihatethisapptoo:

Here is your proof:

The people running WGT are professional, ethical, moral beings.

therefore,

The WGT app is not rigged.

well...that was easy!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 8:04 AM

State YOUR case...

Before I waste my time, prove to me that this game is in fact rigged.

Don

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 10:37 AM

Ihatethisapptoo:
    prove me wrong.

An unproven statement will prove another unproven statement wrong, right?

"This app isn't rigged at all."

DONE!

If you're p*ssed off, you'd rather prove your point by stopping to play.

• BrianCheese
    38 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 11:43 AM

Of course it is, but only if you haven't got the money to feed WGT. 

The algorithm that I used to see talked about ensures that unless you upgrade your clubs you're more prone to aberrations and mistakes. It simply doesn't matter how 'good' you get with starter clubs or cheaper clubs there will always be that algorithm that slows you down, makes you play a perfectly good shot that isn't or ignores the conditions to ensure you understand who's boss.

As someone who played golf with rubbish clubs for years, I managed to get down to a 4 handicap, despite the clubs, because I knew them like the back of my hand and I knew what to do in real life conditions - that is removed from this game in preference of money.

That said, you can still achieve a reasonable level with the barest minimum spent; you may never win any tournaments but you can spend a few hours a week enjoying the game or you can spend the same time screaming and shouting at the unfairness of it all. WGT don't care; they have a working model and you, me or anyone else who hates the game at times isn't going to change it, unless you spend money (and then it won't change, you'll just be less angry when things f**k up). You don't get fairness unless you put your hand in your pocket and if, like me, you haven't got that disposable income, then you suffer with what you have or you simply don't play.

Yes, it's frustrating, especially when you, for example, play the 17th a St Andrews and still manage to find the greenside bunker, despite your shot and the wind conditions meaning it's literally physically impossible to do that; or when you play a hook or a slice that is only ever accentuated when it looks like you're doing okay.

Find a couple of hundred quid/bucks to throw away and buy some gold coins (the silver ones are pointless on a PC) and upgrade your clubs to the best you can; give yourself a few weeks getting used to them and you'll be shooting 57s and 58s and winning tournaments every week, because you've spent your cash and WGT are very forgiving to people who give them money.

It's not a discussion you'll win; it really is a case of get over it or spend money.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 1:29 PM

Ihatethisapptoo:

Word of the day: sealioning also spelled sea-lioning.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/sealioning-internet-trolling  

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 4:00 PM

The use of the word h a t e. is all you need to know.....

Time to remove that from all languages

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 4:10 PM

Robert1893:

Ihatethisapptoo:

Word of the day: sealioning also spelled sea-lioning.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/sealioning-internet-trolling  

LOL

I guess I should have added "waiting for replies" at the end of my post

Don

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 4:31 PM

😀

RSS