Forums

Help › Forums

This app is totally rigged, prove me wrong.

Thu, Sep 14 2023 6:21 PM (43 replies)
  • hv1max
    4 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 8:07 AM

I won't say that it's rigged, but since this app replaced the original game, I struggle to make level par on St Andrews front 9, whereas before I was shooting -5 or -6 most times, tee to green is no problem, but putting is a lottery, lipouts, and overshooting the hole is the norm I am using same putter, and same balls, but I might as well just close my eyes and hope I used to play everyday for at least 2 hours, I am so frustrated with what wgt have done to this game that I only play when I can't find anything else to do, please don't start giving me grief, I am 75 years old, and I get enough of that from the wife, this is just my opinion of the new app.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 12:46 PM

BrianCheese:

Of course it is, but only if you haven't got the money to feed WGT. 

The algorithm that I used to see talked about ensures that unless you upgrade your clubs you're more prone to aberrations and mistakes. It simply doesn't matter how 'good' you get with starter clubs or cheaper clubs there will always be that algorithm that slows you down, makes you play a perfectly good shot that isn't or ignores the conditions to ensure you understand who's boss.

As someone who played golf with rubbish clubs for years, I managed to get down to a 4 handicap, despite the clubs, because I knew them like the back of my hand and I knew what to do in real life conditions - that is removed from this game in preference of money.

That said, you can still achieve a reasonable level with the barest minimum spent; you may never win any tournaments but you can spend a few hours a week enjoying the game or you can spend the same time screaming and shouting at the unfairness of it all. WGT don't care; they have a working model and you, me or anyone else who hates the game at times isn't going to change it, unless you spend money (and then it won't change, you'll just be less angry when things f**k up). You don't get fairness unless you put your hand in your pocket and if, like me, you haven't got that disposable income, then you suffer with what you have or you simply don't play.

It's not a discussion you'll win; it really is a case of get over it or spend money.

Nailed it  

JMHO

+1

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 12:50 AM

hv1max:

I won't say that it's rigged, but since this app replaced the original game, I struggle to make level par on St Andrews front 9, whereas before I was shooting -5 or -6 most times, tee to green is no problem, but putting is a lottery, lipouts, and overshooting the hole is the norm I am using same putter, and same balls, but I might as well just close my eyes and hope I used to play everyday for at least 2 hours, I am so frustrated with what wgt have done to this game that I only play when I can't find anything else to do, please don't start giving me grief, I am 75 years old, and I get enough of that from the wife, this is just my opinion of the new app.

I don't necessarily agree with you and am much younger than you are, but kinda feel warm camaraderie with you, sir. But you (used to) play this game at least 2 hours every day?! Wow, I believe your wife is being extremely generous!

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 3:53 AM

Top golf are more interested in this .

• ichott
    56 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 11:51 AM

My reply is you’re nothing more than a troll wanting an argument.

the game is not rigged, it’s just got different levels of experience and equipment and desire.

if you don’t like it go play  mario . . . Bye!

• hv1max
    4 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2021 12:29 PM

Hi Simon, the 2 hours is when she wants to watch her TV shows, and I'm not allowed to disturb her, thanks for your kind acceptance of a geriatric lol, Graham.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2021 6:17 PM

hv1max:

Hi Simon, the 2 hours is when she wants to watch her TV shows, and I'm not allowed to disturb her, thanks for your kind acceptance of a geriatric lol, Graham.

Hmm, maybe I should get my lady boss a premium membership of Netflix subscription or something. LOL Thank you, Graham. Be safe and well. :-) Simon

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2021 4:09 AM

Golf Golfing GIF by evite - Find & Share on GIPHY

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2021 4:10 AM

Tee It Up" Golf Gift Basket | A Night Owl Blog

RSS