Help › Forums

E Tour

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 10 2021 8:49 AM (6 replies)
  • Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 1:35 PM

I just played, fine 73 for me :) 

What kind of tricks those top players do and know, when they play under 60 what I cant understand...its simply over my head.

What is annoying me most, is putting. 13 green my putts slip so called under too much, but thats due I am not use to speed. Short putts and longer where is breaks. It starts already moving away, and have any how much you have turn it. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 9:16 AM

Tepi62Ka:

What kind of tricks those top players do and know

It is difficult to put years of experience into a short post. Any worthwhile game takes a long time to master. 

Tepi62Ka:

What is annoying me most, is putting

It looks like that would be a great place to start. There are tons of videos and posts helping players learn how to putt better. Then once you find a putting method that works for you, there are 252 different greens within this game that you need to learn to adapt that method to, and virtually infinite angles and distances, not to mention multiple pins.

Enjoy!

• Rockfish1967
    1 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 9:25 PM

I dont agree that it takes many rounds of experience to get good at this game. Ive been playing for a very short time and managed to get into the 60's without many equipment upgrades. Mostly starter stuff and free balls. However I dont think it would be possible to get much better and shoot really low scores without spending a pile of money on equipment upgrades. Most computers games dont cost much more than $80 max. I wonder how much money most of the premier players have spent on this game??? I would love to see a tournament with everyone playing the same equipment. But that would defeat the purpose of the game - to make money....

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 10:21 PM

Tepi62Ka:
    What kind of tricks those top players do and know, when they play under 60 what I cant understand...its simply over my head.
    I thought so, too, until breaking 60 as a TM - once ;)

Tepi62Ka:
    What is annoying me most, is putting.
    This requires practice, and practice, and some more. Support in calculation may help - I use tables of meter power over length, by green speed.

Outside E Tour, you might also consider a replacement for your low level putter, and custom balls will reduce the meter speed (even the cheap ones at 10 cr).

Tepi62Ka:
    E Tour

There are other, tiered tournaments with lower green speeds - plenty of source for experience!

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 4:28 AM

I just wondering how bad player I am. I cant play with my equipment under par, like now Peable Beach monthly. 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 3:39 PM

Rockfish1967:
    I would love to see a tournament with everyone playing the same equipment.

The European eTour is exactly such a tournament.

"In order to maximize competition, players will all use the same set of clubs in both the qualifier and the live championship event."

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2021 8:49 AM

Rockfish1967:

I dont agree that it takes many rounds of experience to get good at this game. Ive been playing for a very short time and managed to get into the 60's without many equipment upgrades. Mostly starter stuff and free balls. However I dont think it would be possible to get much better and shoot really low scores without spending a pile of money on equipment upgrades. Most computers games dont cost much more than $80 max. I wonder how much money most of the premier players have spent on this game??? I would love to see a tournament with everyone playing the same equipment. But that would defeat the purpose of the game - to make money....

depends on your definition of good.  After playing for a short period of time you can get the hang of it enough to make a few birds and slim down on the bogeys.  To your point about the money put into the game to become a top tier player that all depends on the person.  The majority of your top tier players havent put a penny on this game in a very long time.  If I knew what I know now I would have gone about this game much differently.  You can build your credit stash without spending money.  

ETOUR everyone uses the same clubs... soooo check it out

RSS