Forums

Help › Forums

Hello from Texas

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 2 2021 11:42 AM (8 replies)
  • BurntOrangeDad
    23 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 8:28 AM

I started playing (mobile app) about a week ago and there’s little doubt about it... I’m hooked!!!

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 9:36 AM

How was Cancun ?      LOL

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 5:53 PM

Welcome to WGT!  

If you're looking a club, you are welcome to join ours.  We're small but friendly.  I sent you an invite.  The free Putter Pal and Shot Pal you get for joining a CC will make your game much easier and more enjoyable.

• BurntOrangeDad
    23 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 6:16 AM

Thanks! I’ll definitely take a look. What does joining a club entail?

• Ladychipper
    22,686 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 8:04 AM

Welcome to WGT land! 

It is easy to get hooked on these golf games for sure. 

If you want or need help, consider going to a club with a bunch of helpful players and lots to do. 

Have a look here:

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/567497.aspx

Best Wishes,

Marion :-)

• BurntOrangeDad
    23 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 9:47 AM

Thanks Ladychipper 👍

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 10:36 AM

BurntOrangeDad:

Thanks! I’ll definitely take a look. What does joining a club entail?

Aside from the free Putter Pal and Shot Pal, the main benefits of joining a club are building camaraderie with other club members, playing club tournaments and club-organized events, and participation in your club's CC Forum where you'll hopefully find lots of questions, advice, and discussion.

• BurntOrangeDad
    23 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 7:03 AM

If you don’t mind, I have a few questions SamSpayed:

1. What are Putter Pal and Shot Pal?

2. Do you have any recommendations on a putter upgrade at my level or should I stick with the starter level putters? Someone gifted me the tour gold starter, but I think I prefer the free starter more. By the way, I’ve been doing “off-ding” putting more than not, but I’m not opposed to learning to line it up for the ding either.

3. A coworker of mine is already in a club. Is he also able to join MH if he leaves his club?

Thanks!

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 11:42 AM

Putter Pal and Shot Pal are add-ons to the game.  They add line increments to your putting meter and shot meter so that you can control your shots more precisely and consistently.  You can purchase them in the Pro Shop, but if you join a CC that is Level 4 or above you'll get them for free (unlimited use) as a CC benefit.

I responded in your other thread about putters with my recommendation.  I would say if off-ding putting works well for you as you're learning the game, stick with it.  I'm a ding putter myself, but IMHO it's a personal choice.

Yes, your coworker would be welcome to join MH as well.

Hope this helps.

RSS