Forums

Help › Forums

Irons/Wedges/Putter Upgrade - Beginner

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 25 2021 2:44 PM (2 replies)
  • BurntOrangeDad
    23 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2021 5:49 AM

I’ve just started playing this week (and I’m hooked!), but want to go ahead and consider upgrades for my putter, irons & possibly wedges. I impulsively bought the Titleist driver, 3 wood & hybrid (because that’s what I have in my real life bag), but while I have no complaints about the driver and 3 wood, I’m already regretting buying the hybrid (just don’t use it enough and think I’d prefer to knock down the 3 wood or use a 3 iron instead). 

Sorry for rambling on, but I’d appreciate your recommendations... thanks!

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2021 9:47 AM

BurntOrangeDad:

I’ve just started playing this week (and I’m hooked!), but want to go ahead and consider upgrades for my putter, irons & possibly wedges. I impulsively bought the Titleist driver, 3 wood & hybrid (because that’s what I have in my real life bag), but while I have no complaints about the driver and 3 wood, I’m already regretting buying the hybrid (just don’t use it enough and think I’d prefer to knock down the 3 wood or use a 3 iron instead). 

Sorry for rambling on, but I’d appreciate your recommendations... thanks!

If money is not an issue...

Lose the hybrid and get the 56, 60 and 64 degree Titleist Vokey wedges.

Wait until reaching Master, and then get the Max (Master+) putter.

If you can wait until L59, wait for the Ping irons. You will want them when you get there.

That set up with the driver and 3w you have will get you by for a long time.

• BurntOrangeDad
    23 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2021 2:44 PM

Thanks 👍

RSS