Help › Forums

CORRUPT APP WILL NOT PLAY

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 23 2021 7:37 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2021 4:35 PM

I am unable to get very far trying to log in as there seems to be a connection issue with wgt server for me. 

The message that roars is 'WE'RE SORRY' everytime I have to 'RETRY' for the server. Constant 'Retreiving' this and that while tyring to link with the SERVER. 

I am now unable to get into the app. It has failed to conect to the server it says. I had to re instal the ap, after it took me to the sign in page and I NEVER have to go sign in again. 

The app is dead on my end.

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2021 6:34 PM

Constant server issue for over 24hours now. Every step of the procedure is printed on the left hand corner of my screen, from Signing in, to loading every piece of info that I never saw before. 

The App : While Loading: 

Getting Friend Requests  timeout Error Code Couldnt connect to server 

Try loading my Tournaments page: again:  timeout Error Code Couldnt connect to server 

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling PC APP = zero success, even worse than before I uninstalled the PC App. 

Both my PC and Laptop Apps are both using a CORRUPT APP is all I can say. 

Can some one help? Please. 

Mark 

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2021 6:56 PM

This is the email I just sent WGT; 

The App has ceased to be anything but functional on my end here for over 24 hours now. All game modes are unplayable due to timeouts. 

All of a sudden things are rarely connecting to your server, constantly bombarding me with Error Code Couldnt connect to server. 

Yes I uninstalled/reinstalled/cleared cookies etc etc a hundred times over. 
    No matter what I do, I am constantly timed out and asked to 'retry' or 'cancel'.

No there is no way I can get a screen shot, because I can get into the App but its the constant bombardment of the blue circle in the left hand corner of my screen that constantly spins and spins while I wait for the WGT server to connect to. 

I have never ever had a connection issue with WGT. And your website is the only one that I have a connection issue with it seems. 

Please look into this for me as I am unable to play anymore as i am constantly timed out. 

Many thanks. 

wedge0837 
  • wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2021 7:56 PM

Bump. Thanks for the assistance no one. 

Not even wgt responds. Screen shots and all .

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2021 8:35 PM

wedge0837:
    Thanks for the assistance no one. 
    How should any client know to help with server and app faults?

wedge0837:
    Not even wgt responds.
    Cut them some slack! It's been one day since you asked them directly, and it was a weekend!

Did you ever try to update the app by running "WGT Launcher" directly from the Windows Start Center?

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 12:09 PM

wedge0837:
    Bump. Thanks for the assistance no one. 

You're welcome.

I see you played 15 rounds at Wolf Creek, Chambers Bay, and other places on 2/20, the day you started this post.  You also played once on 2/21 and 5 times (so far) today.

If you're still having issues, you could try this solution.  It's in one of the gazillion threads that you've posted your issue in, so I'm a little surprised you haven't seen it.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/665455/4466571.aspx#4466571

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 3:28 PM

SamSpayed:
    one of the gazillion threads that you've posted your issue

If a person is having issues, the best place is to post until I find an answer. I will post a whole lot more yet, don't worry. I am not shy. 

Yes I can get the App running, mostly it takes up to 60+secs to initialize, read profile, timeout, retry, hang etc, just to get to the main profile page. If that's normal, I dont know what is. 

Yes I read that post, I have no incline to run a VPN.

That's not how to fix a WGT issue. But thanks. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 3:49 PM

wedge0837:
    If a person is having issues, the best place is to post until I find an answer. I will post a whole lot more yet, don't worry. I am not shy

Actually, while I understand you are frustrated...

"repeatedly communicating the same or similar message"

is a violation of the Posting Guidelines.

Don

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 6:42 PM

TopShelf2010:

Actually, while I understand you are frustrated...

"repeatedly communicating the same or similar message"

is a violation of the Posting Guidelines.

Exactly.  

wedge0837:
    Yes I read that post, I have no incline to run a VPN.

Well, we've tried to help you.  You've chosen to ignore the suggestions.  Best of luck to you.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 9:10 PM

FTFY:

wedge0837:
    I have no incline to run a VPN.

That's not *a desirable way* how to fix a WGT issue.

I agree, but users' workarounds have long been the way to solve many things. Imagine the pride when the mods recommend them, too!

• PAGES
RSS